Dr. Strange director to helm new movie about the Bermuda Triangle mystery

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/06/dr-strange-director-to-helm-n.html

2 Likes

As as sailor I passed through that area over 200 times, and then through the old Panama Canal.
Never once did I or any crew member see anything out of the ordinary, ever. Bermuda Triangle is total bullsh!t…

I have spoken.

29 Likes

Watch In Search Of…? Nope. Fool me once, Mr. Spock, with your creepy-ass show, but never again.

5 Likes

tumblr_m460uf8cvO1r1d8fxo1_540

12 Likes

When I first read the headline I thought, wait, Stanley Kubrick is dead. That’s too bad because I’m sure he would have made a great Bermuda Triangle movie with Peter Sellers, George C. Scott and Slim PIckens. As far as I’m concerned the all time greatest line in any movie is “You can’t fight in here, this is the War Room!”

6 Likes

Whenever someone asks me “you know what’s weird?” I immediately reply “The Bermuda Triangle, right? That shit’s weird!”

I find it funny that “triangle” has become the go-to shape for any kind of “weird” locale. The Bennington Triangle, the Bridgewater Triangle, etc. How do they know it’s not an octagon, or a rhombus? And how many “weird” events have to take place to make it a magical triangle anyway?

6 Likes

Sounds like something a person on the payroll of Big Kraken would say.

19 Likes

Those guys have their tentacles in everything.

15 Likes

They are basically killing it over in mythic land.

6 Likes

Ha, suckers!

7 Likes

Three. Two and it’s a magical line.

15 Likes

Science, Yeah Science, Science Bitch - Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman in Breaking Bad

Well, mathematics.

12 Likes

Well actually, geometry.

11 Likes

As long as it isn’t statistics.

11 Likes

One and it’s a Mystery Spot.

8 Likes

this is all fine and good, but when are we going to get to the bottom of Mephisto’s Trapezoid?

7 Likes

ehhh, that was already solved in Close Encounters.

2 Likes

AKA “tourist trap”.

3 Likes

Diggin’ deep into reference land. Love it!

3 Likes

Nah, it’s real all right. You do see a lot out of the ordinary. Getting out again can be tricky, though.

3 Likes