"Dragon" found in toilet

A shopper fled from an Asda supermarket in Edinburgh, Scotland, after being confronted by a “dragon” in the toilet—a creature that turned out to be a harmless monitor lizard. The lizard was rescued by animal welfare officers, who have named it Lulu. [The Scottish Sun] READ THE REST

It doesn’t seem like the person who found it called it a dragon, just The Sun. They do confuse the issue by using the headline “I found dragon in Asda toilet”. The person who found it is only quoted as thinking it was a crocodile or snake.

The headline is also confusing for American readers, because when we say “toilet” we mean the actual porcelain equipment, not the whole bathroom. The lizard, fortunately, was on the floor.

I’ve encountered less pleasant creatures in many an Asda.

“The reptile — a harmless African Bosc monitor lizard — was rescued from the store in Edinburgh’s Leith by animal welfare officers after he raised the alarm.”

That’s a smart lizard. Also, that Asda is scary enough at the best of times.

If I encountered a screaming humanoid life form in the rest room after just crawling out of a sack I would raise the alarm too!

No, seriously. It was a dragon.

I’m glad you clarified!

a harmless monitor lizard

Some of them can have a fairly nasty bite, from what I’ve read. They are somewhat venomous, and their bites supposedly become infected easily and heal slowly.

Maybe the Asda toilet monster wasn’t that kind though.

Gah!

I like this dragon better. It’s even papercraft.

closed #11

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.