Drain Weasel: a solution for hair-clogged sinks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/05/drain-weasel-a-solution-for-h.html

1 Like

More and more often, I just cut to the chase and remove the trap. So much easier than going down the drain.

5 Likes

I agree, but some traps, like under the shower or bath are not as accessible and often times they are glued in. So these sort of drain cleaners are handy for those.

3 Likes

Yep. I had long hair down to my waist, as did 2 of my roommates at one point. (Coders, not bandmates)

We were lucky the drains were open and we could get a plumber snake down it. We had some horrifying monsters pulled from the depths.

If we’d had a sink as shown, which wouldn’t fit a plumber snake, we’d probably have gone the Drano route.

2 Likes

That is not Weasel, I M Weasel

4 Likes

Drain Weasel - Name of my new punk band!

5 Likes

2 Likes

Yeah, for most sinks that’s what I do. It’s fast and easy. For tubs and other more difficult ones, I block the emergency drain and plunge. Works way better and faster than almost any snake I’ve tried.

3 Likes

Hey, no plugs!!

3 Likes

I’ve tried this thing in four different tub/shower drains, with zero success. Maybe it’s only for sinks.
I have had success removing bits of the drain to get at the hairball, though.

I used this on a shower and it pulled up so much hair I had to remove the drain grate to get it out. The amount of hair was so great that it couldn’t be pulled through the grate

3 Likes

Well if it’s half as good as the Garden Weasel I’m sold!

2 Likes

Drain weasel is a gateway gunk remover. Soon enough you’ll be after a sewer stoat.

Yeah! They’re banned!

2 Likes

And here is Quentin Smirhes deftly demonstrating how it’s done. Marvellous:

1 Like

This product mustelidae to fewer plumbers being called out.

4 Likes

Wow the BoingBoingStore is really looking up! Finally something useful.

I, too, used the Zip-It things but they are difficult. This looks much better

Quite brilliant sir, you win the internet etc., bravo and thanks for that great and educational pun!

1 Like

“I swear if I have to pull any more hair out of these dadgum drains, I’m posting the pictures on BoingBoing”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.