Dream job - squishing silicone between steel rollers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/12/07/dream-job-squishing-silicone.html

3 Likes

Dream job for some, for others a constant struggle to not want to put your fingers in there…

9 Likes

The white bit is the silicone; the red is the amalgamated fingertips of all the previous holders of the job.

29 Likes

Oh oh, wait, sorry sorry, I have to re-purpose this old joke…

“I put my dick into the silicone roller. We both got fired.”

8 Likes

I’m waiting for the edit featuring googly eyes and stick-figure arms.

2 Likes

you can have that job if you try.

Oh god the way the roll peels off the roller…

Zk9mW5OmXTz9e

2 Likes

9 Likes

Oooooh! I used to love using the sheeter.

4 Likes

Oh, that video gives me the creeps! You only have to see one horrific “death by roller” video to never look at these videos the same again.

shudder

3 Likes

I’ve seen many things fall into a rubber mill including cellphones, eyeglasses and most disturbingly, a bird.

1 Like

Certain candy making looks just like this. Are you sure this is silicone?

3 Likes

Tom said to himself that it was not such a hollow world, after all. He had discovered a
great law of human action, without knowing it—namely, that in order to make a man or a
boy covet a thing, it is only necessary to make the thing difficult to attain. If he had been
a great and wise philosopher, like the writer of this book, he would now have
comprehended that Work consists of whatever a body is obliged to do, and that Play
consists of whatever a body is not obliged to do. And this would help him to understand
why constructing artificial flowers or performing on a tread-mill is work, while rolling
ten-pins or climbing Mont Blanc is only amusement. There are wealthy gentlemen in
England who drive four-horse passenger-coaches twenty or thirty miles on a daily line, in
the summer, because the privilege costs them considerable money; but if they were
offered wages for the service, that would turn it into work and then they would resign.

2 Likes

I was hoping it was candy:frowning:

Not replying to the post itself, but JESUS CHRIST, BoingBoing, what’s with all the scripts?

4 Likes

If you’re not the customer, you’re the product.

8 Likes

But but but he’s not brushing down the rolled slabs of dough with melted butter, nor placing tiny chips of hard butter, between foldings and repeated rollings. Am I missing something here re: croissant dough?

ooooh

1 Like

You’re not missing anything. :slight_smile: The butter comes later in the video.

1 Like

No one wants to know how the sausage is made.

2 Likes