Drinking at Disneyland: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

Originally published at: Drinking at Disneyland: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Note that this new access to alcohol is at Disneyland, in California. As is appropriate for Florida, getting hammered by drinking around the world at Epcot has a long and noble tradition.

4 Likes

Just this weekend my daughter and I enjoyed some drinks at the Calico Saloon at Knott’s Berry Farm. The Saloon has been around since before Disneyland was built.

It’s long past time that they started serving sarsaparillas at Disneyland’s Golden Horseshoe.

7 Likes

“Treasured Guest” lol!

My local NFL stadium calls them “Team Player” over the radio.

2 Likes

Sazeracs? Pfff. Their faux-New Orleans zone needs Hurricanes and Hand Grenades.

1 Like

I’ve never understood the allure of Disney parks but I have always understood the allure of drinking establishments. Perhaps there is hope after all.

2 Likes

Having had some drinks at the Star Wars Cantina I can safely say that you would need to spend a truly stupendous amount of money to get to the level of drunk that would end with a cleanup.
They tasted decent and interesting, but were not loaded with booze by any means.
Jazz Kitchen at Downtown Disney, on the other hand, makes the best Sazerac I’ve ever had. After two I knew I couldn’t have any more and expect to make the walk to the hotel without at least tripping on a curb.

3 Likes

Available at Café Orleans in New Orleans Square:

House Hurricane: Pimm’s No. 1 Liqueur, Bacardi Superior Rum, orange juice, strawberry purée, sweet and sour mix, simple syrup, and orange garnish

Pimm’s is an interesting choice.
No word on the Hand Grenades though.

1 Like

My two favorite places to get a quiet drink at Disney’s California parks:

Grand Californian Hotel Lobby

Carthay Circle Bar, Disney’s California Adventure

2 Likes

I drank several glasses of wine at Robert Mondavi-land in Califonia Adventure. It may have been a year after it opened? I remember being able to walk around the park with my glass. I know that when I returned a few years later, the sponsorship was over and so was the wine.

1 Like

DCA has served alcohol ever since the park opened in 2001. They were more hesitant to introduce it to Disneyland proper (outside of Club 33) since there was a lot of pressure to maintain the “family friendly” atmosphere Walt insisted on when the original park opened in 1955, but eventually the profit potential of things like “an actual Star Wars-themed Cantina!” was too great to resist.

2 Likes

At first I read that as Pym’s, which already serves alcohol.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/pym-tasting-lab/menus

1 Like

Obligatory!

1 Like

I only went there one more time and the wine bar was gone. We weren’t looking to have a sit down meal. I’m guessing that if there was a restaurant serving alcohol, you were no longer allowed to take your wine with you while strolling around the park? (As someone visiting the park with a friend and her two toddlers, it was so worth the overpriced wine.) If they still allow this, it may be time for another visit. :wink:

Also, I’m having a déjà vu moment. I think that we’ve had this discussion before. Or maybe it was with @Otherbrother?

1 Like

“Am I drunk, officer? No… I’m just poor animated.”

@Mindysan33 Thank you :clap:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.