Drive-in sex booths may be installed at Berlin's former airport

If people are driving vehicles there for the purpose of sex, seems like the kind of activity that the word Geschlechtsverkehr was coined for.

1 Like

I though John Banner (Hogan’s Heroes) was “at fault” for that… or was that an Austrian accent.

1 Like

I’m not insisting on using that term. There’s so much choice.
I also didn’t come up with it. It’s just a term used by some in Berlin.
If I believed I hurt somebody with it, I would refrain from using it in all future.
I might never use the term again anyhow, because I really don’t have much occasion to.
But I used it once. Now I’m committed.
I’ve never had commercial sex. Can’t imagine.

• One cannot escape being called “N-word” simply by escaping from an environment. You could live in the White House and still can’t get away from that. We are in entirely different territory.

They use “dreckige Nutte” safely inside of sterilization quotes, while not even writing in context with prostitutes, but anyhow, BILD, Germany’s highest daily circulation newspaper, hogging the Murdoch-market segment, has never shared many of my values. Springer standards mean little to me.

On this blog we are allowed to say things like: “Jesus fucking Christ what a bellend.”, but not ■■■■■.
I don’t think any particular newspaper’s standards apply here.

“Nutte” is originally a regional term, coined in 19th century Berlin. Maybe it has different values attached to it in different localities?
Do you get Brötchen, Semmeln or Schrippen from the Baker?
I was refused the purchase of Brötchen in a Berlin bakery. “We don’t have those.”

You can’t dictate colloquial language. Not even in Berlin.

Like all the other colloquial terms for prostitute, “Nutte” is a mean insult when directed at girls and women in general.
“Nutte” is, like “Stricher/in” too, derogatory to bordello-based prostitutes and call-girls, who have better working conditions, income, and don’t work the streets. A “Nutte” is a street prostitute.
(As explained to me by a prostitute from Berlin whose wedding to a heavy-metal drummer I was invited to.)

These “Schuppen” (sheds) really are for the privacy of street prostitution customers (Johns. How is “John” not an insult?) and to remove hand jobs from the public eye. (When will there be a live feed?)
But it’s nice that those women have some shelter from the wind and sleet, have bathrooms, surveillance and an emergency call button. I guess. Just somewhat nimby.

With all the problems street prostitutes by any other name have, and hardships they face, this is where you draw the line and speak up. Whorehouse is okay but Nuttenschuppen out of bounds?
Should we call them something more pleasing to our ears?
The press actually uses “Liebes-Boxen” (love boxes). That is just disturbing.
The government uses Verrichtungs-Boxen, rhimes with Vernichtungsboxen.
Something cute, like Senftöpfchenwurstbude?

“Nutte” is an insult to everybody else specifically because it is the colloquial term for these women who are forced by circumstance and men to do this miserable commercial sex work under sometimes horrid conditions, treated like objects and livestock in a foreign country with a foreign language, or on their own with no other skills.
What they do is, next to the drudgery of hand-jobs and cleaning cum off themselves with paper napkins shivering under a streetlight, an incredibly dangerous line of work.
In the U.S., according to recent statistics, the death rate for prostitutes is 204 out of every 100,000. Also, the average prostitute gets physically (but non-lethally) attacked approximately once a month. Sometimes by the police.

Just about all of their customers and male business associates are gentlemen.
I assume the clientele consists largely of the segment of males too unlikable, undesirable or incapable of having enough opportunity to have physical sexual encounters with female humans inside of society.
Maybe it’s their attitude towards women on their way out of inceldom.
I don’t doubt that the opportunity for quick, sort of anonymous, cheaply bought, rude sex, keeps some from raping. So it’s a second worst.
Street prostitution is not even a profession any more than slavery is a profession. It is what they do ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ instead of living. They know of no better options.
The “lowest caste” in “society”, with few social protections but with drugs and violence, illness and disease affecting their lives, Nutten, who whores feel sorry for.
The disdain for the word reflects the disdain for the humans caught in this lowest social strata.
Johns exploit them.
Punishing prostitution is like victim-blaming, only real.

I personally find the term used in “polite society”, “Freudenmädchen” (pleasure girl), not very descriptive and particularly revolting.
Because “の慰安婦” (“comfort women”) was already taken?

Few if any children grow up thinking they want to be prostituted one day.
Prostitution sucks. (Otherwise more straight men would do it. Haha. Ha.)
Illegal prostitution sucks even more. Like really hard.
As long as there are severely underprivileged girls and women anywhere, there will be cheap commercial sex everywhere. It gives those girls commercial value they don’t otherwise have.
Those that rent one of Berlin’s Nuttenschuppen for six Euros a day have access to bathrooms with soap and hot water. And a degree of safety, at least at work.

Those things just still really aren’t happyloveyfundrive-thrus.

But I could be wrong. I have been before. In an almost distant past I have been, as I view it now, rightfully chastised for spelling out N-word, thinking that solely the context mattered. After all, when I was called that, it was a term of endearment.
I learned then that it hurts some people nonetheless. That I don’t want to do. I’ve learned many things here, some from mistakes.
Am I wrong now?

2 Likes

I credit Ludwig Von Drake, even if Disney was suspiciously evasive on what exactly the good Professor was up to during the war.

2 Likes

One presumes a new product offering based less on the car type, and more on the driver type.

1 Like

Well said!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.