Spooky ruin and erotic car-wash

[Permalink]

Why is the sign so much whiter and brighter than anything else in the photo? More importantly, why is a sign in Dresden written in English?

Because it’s in the Anglo section of town

2 Likes

Starting from EUR 35.00 + VAT. Job openings for the young and adventurous! LOL

1 Like

25 to 30 minutes to get my car washed? I’m not going to make it to the erotic barber shop before they close.

9 Likes

the best part about erotic car washes is all the free “armor all” you get at the end! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

1 Like

Is that the Master Bates’ Motel in the background?

3 Likes

If you didn’t give me the location I might have picked Detroit.

2 Likes

Well, that’s handy. I’d been wondering where I could get my erotic car washed.

3 Likes

It’s surprisingly common there. I lived there for about a year and saw ads like this all the time. I’m pretty sure I’ve walked by this particular place a time or two; it looks very familiar.

Marketing 101: Nowhere on this sign does it designate there will be attractive and nubile young women, and even then, it should be pointed out that “attractive” is a subjective term.

I shudder at the thought of what lies in wait…

edit: Okay, I admit I’m a fan of Oglaf.

This gives me chills. When my Uncle passed away his will specified that I had to spend the night in an Erotic Carwash or forfeit my inheritance. I still have nightmares about the waxing.

2 Likes

Because English is somehow perceived as special, fresh and alluring.

Personally, I can’t stand it. Annoying as hell and when I’m writing German I try my best to weed out unnecessary anglicisms.

“Importing” words is just fine, of course, but I think most of it is just en vogue [sic] because of bad dubbing. The translators just try anymore.

Look like Koenigsbruecker Strasse to me, around Industriegelaende. Pretty sure I passed this on a hike last year.

Is it closed? My car is really dirty…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.