Graffiti grammar cops prowl the night, spraypainting corrections

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/23/graffiti-grammar-cops-prowl-th.html

3 Likes

In my neck of the woods, they can’t even spell “fuck” correctly.

11 Likes

Tradition!

26 Likes

43 Likes

Previously.

20 Likes

Sounds like a euphemism for sex workers.

6 Likes

The guys correcting graffiti just reflects the general mood toward shitty spelling. In Spanish proper spelling and grammar is much much easier than English, and when you see mistakes on graffiti it’s just frustrating since you end up seeing it often.

4 Likes

:heart: this idea. Snarky and potentially educational!

4 Likes

Looks like an OCR demonstration

4 Likes

8 Likes

I can’t like that enough. Most of the graffiti I find is frustratingly incomprehensible. Except for this person who, I suspect, is a tagger by night and a professional chef by day. Or maybe the other way around.

9 Likes

That’s where that restaurant keeps the butter.

Don’t eat there.

7 Likes

Just came to post this, not disappointed :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This reminds me of an inadvertently great piece of graffiti on a building site near my house about 20 years ago (hence, no photo)

ANIMAL LIBERARTION (oops)

Also, no graffiti discussion would be complete without this gem:

10 Likes

So this place would be where I want to eat. Or maybe just get an industrial amount of butter.

5 Likes

Gotta love the great editorial direction “stet” (let it stand) in these graffiti

5 Likes

How did you know that says butter?

It reminds me of a head shop that was near me. It had a nearly incomprehensible sign made to look like graffiti, and I still have no idea what its name was. It was replaced by an environmental store, which was called “Green Earth” so people still kept walking in expecting it to be a head shop.

2 Likes

that’s a really fresh graf-name. well spotted. My thoughts went to video related (derived from Stetson hats) but I’m certain you’re right

6 Likes

Shall now expect some in the graffiti provision service industry to deliberately introduce errors just to get their imprimatur.

There’s a bridge on London’s M25 that has “JEUS” in huge letters then “JESUS” next to it. Always amuses me.