Driver caught steering with feet while texting with both hand

I often see people with their feet up on the dashboard but up until now they’ve always been passengers.

2 Likes

Pshaww. That’s nothing.

4 Likes

Totally! As a cyclist-commuter I’m amazed at how often I see others weaving around trying to steer one-handed while fucking around on a smart phone (of course, without a helmet). I’ve even had a few freak out when I’ve passed them, apparently unaware that there are such things as other cyclists on the road.

In a way, I’m much happier to think of them just being a nuisance to me than a danger behind the wheel of a car.

2 Likes

I thought the same thing

It’s unfortunate they didn’t manage to get identifying information about her. This is someone who should have her license revoked, and barring that, her car should be taken away. If the cops won’t do anything and therefore the first option is off the table, having identifiable information out there can help crowd-source the second option… Given that she was smirking at their attempts to get her to not be a potentially murderous asshole, I’d say ideally both those options and a little jail time might be in order.

1 Like

Get in front of her, brace for impact, and apply the brakes…

2 Likes

This driver was obviously a newbie, as she had her shoes on. Experienced foot drivers know that you have to drive barefoot so your toes can get a good grip on the wheel.

9 Likes

To be fair, everyone else in that clip is driving atrociously also.

2 Likes

I once had an enormous hematoma on my right leg, which ideally would stay elevated, but I had to drive 13 hours. Some long rural stretches where there the traffic situation was stable I would put the leg up on the dash and sped up/slowed using the cruise control and had my left foot ready near the brake. Not ideal, but neither was getting my leg smashed in a car door.

2 Likes

I’m glad you made it OK. That goes up there with the story I know of a guy cutting firewood by himself who accidentally cut his neck and drove 20 miles to the nearest emergency room with one hand on the wheel and one hand applying pressure to the bandage.

These stories remind me that not everyone driving badly is a bad driver.

5 Likes

I imagine she drops the phone and reaches down with her hands to hit breaks when she sees traffic backed up ahead. Which will make an interesting human pretzel when the airbag deploys. But hey, Philly is famous for large pretzels.

2 Likes

Yikes, that sure beats all! I also once drove home to the emergency room due to a firewood mishap, during a camping trip. I was splitting up a chunk of log into kindling when the log just caught the end of a piece of kindling and the stick flew up and the end nailed me right in the middle of my eye. It was going to be night in about 30 minutes, and I couldn’t see out of one eye. My wife was along but had no experience driving either a largish truck or mountain roads, and we decided I was the better bet for the 2 1/2 hour drive. Turns out depth perception is overrated.

5 Likes

I drove myself to the hospital with a subarachnoid hemorrhage. To be fair, I wasn’t thinking straight.

6 Likes

It looks like she isn’t moving, at least in the video on the news program. Which is the Schuylkill. Really just a parking lot with poor access.

Another example of the inferiority of kids these days… I can’t believe that they don’t know how to steer with their knees?

8 Likes

Back when I was a youngin’ my dad would drive with his knees while pouring a cup of coffee from a thermos and have me shift.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.