Drivers are successfully not dying in their Ford-made vehicle, thanks to this one simple trick

Yeah, well, that would require work, and who has money for journalists? :wink: I bet Ford knows where they come from.

Hey, see people, sometimes I know what I am talking about :wink:

I have nothing against Tesla, but they still have a battle ahead of them. I mean, I other car companies have had decades to refine product, production, and procurement. So I kinda admire the work they have done even if it has had mixed results.

I recall another article where a guy who normally tears down cars for review did a Tesla and was astonished how poor the fit was in many places. Hopefully they will keep at it. It seems enough people are enamored with Musk to support him both via product purchase and investment.

1 Like

The way the recall is worded it may not be a problem of the bolt production process and tracking them down may be a waste of effort. The fact that they are replacing them with a longer bolt with a different thread system may mean they under speced the bolt in the first place.

1 Like

Congress has another solution!

2 Likes

Futile Italian Attempted Technology

Proof Of Rich Spoiled Children Having Everything

Frequent Overhaul, Rapid Depreciation

Feel Every Raindrop Ruin A Real Investment

Carrying A Dead Italian Lying Lifeless Amongst Cargo

Totally Ordinary Yawn-Optimizing Tedious Auto

Smug Men Are Really Tiny

Old Ladies Driving Slowly Making Others Behind Incessantly Late Everyday

Jesus, Another Ghastly, Unbelievably Annoying Repair

2 Likes
2 Likes

I tell ya, I get no respect.
I got into a cab in town, I says to the cabbie “hey, take me to where the action is.”
He took me to my house!
rodney_dangerfield

2 Likes

Same for 85 Ranger. I keep it for a sunk cost fallacy.

I lost respect forever for the brand while gofering tools for a couple of Southern shade tree repairmen. They were replacing a timing gearwheel on a '90s Econoline. The darned thing is so-help-me made of particleboard and were standard on any F150 and up. Engine turned two of them into sawdust.

2 Likes

OH MY GOD STEERING WHEELS ARE FALLING OFF.

No really.

Granted, it was a Caprice Classic that had been a CHP car, and then a wardens car, and then my field vehicle - but you don’t want the steerin wheel to come off in your hands. It’s just not something you’re ever ready for.

Fortunately the Caprice went for the ditch, and not the cliff. Unfortunately it was 7 miles of logging road to the gate, and 4 more to pavement.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.