Two Tesla drivers lost their steering wheel mid-drive, prompting an investigation

Originally published at: Two Tesla drivers lost their steering wheel mid-drive, prompting an investigation | Boing Boing

7 Likes

And here we’ve been talking about the wheels coming off at his other company and thinking we were being figurative.

26 Likes

Yeah yeah, but did the Tesla catch fire?

/s

17 Likes

Explosion Reaction GIF

21 Likes

I can see a car losing a steering wheel, but how did the driver lose it? Did they leave it at a friend’s house, or did it fall out of their pocket or something?

18 Likes

Since this is about Tesla, when I read the headline I assumed that steering functionality had been lost because of a software problem.

25 Likes

Yeah, seriously. I mean, any ICE car could do this. Of course, they don’t, but they are just not as fantastically innovative as Tesla.

“You want it to both halt, and catch fire? That’s extra.”

17 Likes

Upon getting in a Tesla should I see if the steering wheel easily pulls off?

10 Likes

The steering wheel is mainly a backup anyway. When If it comes off, just activate Autopilot and tell it to go to the Tesla service centre.

<auto /s>

25 Likes

How many lawyers sacrificed themselves to prevent Musk from tweeting something stupidly assholic?

22 Likes

It’s not even 7am in California yet, the day is young.

11 Likes

the it crowd chris odowd GIF

12 Likes

Even more to the point, why were they sharing the same steering wheel?

10 Likes

Furthermore, if this happened mid-drive, why did they keep going?

5 Likes

Oh, they weren’t steering with it. It was just a steering wheel they shared but somehow mislaid inside their car, half-way to their destination. Or maybe it was a coach they were driving, so making it easier to lose something.

So many unanswered questions.

4 Likes
11 Likes

Be good to your workers, you 100% depend on them, and if you’re an asshole that steps on rights of workers, you too may have a crate with 120,000 bolts in the back ass of your factory,

It’s not right, but that is quite factually the way some people respond to being wronged.

4 Likes

There’s an old joke:
“The most dangerous part of an automobile is the nut behind the wheel.”
It’s not normally meant literally, but we all know that Elon doesn’t understand jokes very well.

18 Likes

Telsa should add Bluetooth to the steering wheel. Then you could hand it off to a passenger if you wanted to catch some Zees.

14 Likes

Or ChatGPT. I hear it can do anything.

15 Likes