Driving with a long piece of lumber sticking out your car window — what could go wrong?

The Home Despots around here’ll rent you a truck for $35 or so…a lot cheaper than this, uh…experiment.

5 Likes

The tree was hurt. Hurt bad.

9 Likes

Good news is that the driver is now actively being courted to be a republican govenor

2 Likes

As long as it’s not too much weight (or exceptionally long) a roof rack is perfect. You don’t even need a large car. I’ve done quite a few projects with a subcompact. Truck rentals are great for the occasional larger job.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Sadly, he’s too smart to be a republican governor. Disqualified.

Mattresses on top of cars are good too. I once saw one where the only thing holding it in place was the driver’s hand.

AND you secure the load properly. I saw a van come to stop at a light, and all the lumber on the top slid forward and landed on the street. Fortunately he was the first at the light. If he’d been behind some poor schmuck, it would have been bad.

5 Likes

Maybe at one time… now, thanks to lack of rental cars, I bet those trucks are being rented for $35 per hour.

That pic makes me really sad. Cutting down an old growth tree like that is a crime aginst nature.

The part where they drive on the left. So I’m picking Queensland, Australia.

2 Likes

I do: they are a complete idiot.

nudge nudge

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.