Drones find over 50 new enormous artworks etched into the Peruvian desert

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/04/12/drones-find-over-50-new-enormo.html

3 Likes

I, for one, am glad this headline wasn’t followed by, “… and used them for target practice.”

7 Likes

The first low-altitude drones.

Flying%20Human%20and%20Monkey

Dropping bananas in lieu of hellfire missiles.

6 Likes

Indeed. This is the sort of thing that I think the technology is best suited for… not drone-bombing brown people in a far away country.

7 Likes

Déjà vu: https://boingboing.net/2018/04/06/fancy-new-geoglyphs-discovered.html

3 Likes

Obviously these lines were made by aliens, or at least using alien technology. It’s the only answer that makes any sense.

4 Likes

They were actually created by time traveling researchers from the History Channel. When they started the channel they found that there were absolutely no ancient mysteries to make documentaries about; so they traveled back through time to create Stonehenge, the Nasca Lines, the Sphinx, the Great Pyramids, they also faked the Moon Landing and assassinated JFK.

4 Likes

It frequently astounds me how there is always something new from the past. When you consider how time, weather, and our incessant modern construction ravages and obliterates even the most durable of our ancestors’ works, it seems unlikely anything can remain at all. Yet, every week, something new and amazing turns up. A mosaic hidden under someone’s garden. A 400 year old dress under the sands off the Dutch coast. A viking sword sticking out of the ground of the Norwegian tundra like the Sword in the Stone yet overlooked for centuries. Vast earthworks unseen for centuries until some new piece of technology gets lofted into space. It seems Fortean in nature.

3 Likes

Nice, although is there a video without the thumping music, quick cuts and changes of speed, and labels that come down on top of every one of the images just as you’re getting a look at them?

2 Likes

Did I say this was cool yet? Because I meant to, this is very cool.

2 Likes

No, but the article will provide an opportunity to ogle the images at your leisure sans thump.

we need to turn dupes into “who wore it better?” style polls…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.