Drums of War

8 Likes

Fear mongering. It’s what they do.

Right wing banality if there is such a thing.

10 Likes

The banality of evil?

12 Likes

Such a catchy phrase, you should write a book or something!

Funny Face Lol GIF

11 Likes

Angry Ariana Grande GIF by NETFLIX

[ETA] Also…

And…

14 Likes
9 Likes

How much you want to bet that this report is actually why Anthony Blinken’s visit was canceled…

9 Likes

Cross-posting this from the Ukraine thread…

Excited American Horror Story GIF by AHS

14 Likes
8 Likes

A literal diplomatic charm offensive from Russia. “Support us and your country too can avail itself of our sledgehammer-wielding army of neo-Nazis and violent criminals!”

8 Likes

Bored Will And Grace GIF by Cameo

8 Likes

If it happens the other members of the Security Council should limit their questions to those about his bands and about music, thus respecting his subject area expertise.

11 Likes

The would be amazing. Especially if prefaced by the statement “I’m going to limit my questions to things you know about. Could you talk about the chord progressions in Atom Heart Mother?”

8 Likes

He condemned both Russia and “provocateurs” in the west “in the strongest possible terms”, suggesting that “provoking” Russia is a crime equal to invading.

From the Guardian’s Ukraine liveblog:

In his address to the security council, Waters claimed to be speaking on behalf of “four billion or so brothers and sisters” in what he called a “voiceless majority, who together with the millions in the international anti-war movement represent a huge constituency”.

Despite appearing as Russia’s guest, Waters condemned all sides. He said:

The invasion of Ukraine by the Russian Federation was illegal. I condemn it in the strongest possible terms. Also, the Russian invasion of Ukraine was not unprovoked, so I also condemn the provocateurs in the strongest possible terms.

On the eve of his security council appearance, Waters was denounced by Polly Samson, former Pink Floyd lyricist and the wife of its guitarist, Dave Gilmour, as an antisemite and Putin apologist, allegations which he has rejected as “incendiary and wildly inaccurate”.

Update:

At the close of the UN security council session on the Russian invasion, Ukraine’s permanent representative, Sergiy Kyslytsya, was scathing about Roger Waters’ intervention, and drew on his Pink Floyd past to rebuke him.

Kyslytsya said the band had been banned by the Soviet Union for protesting against the 1979 invasion of Afghanistan.

“It is ironic, if not hypocritical, that Mr Waters attempts now to whitewash another invasion,” the Ukrainian diplomat said.

How sad for his former fans to see him accepting the role of just a brick in the wall.

8 Likes
10 Likes
10 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes

Must be that time of year… ICBM season!

Anyways, here’s Laibach from Pyongyang!

One more! I love the crowd… there is one lady who “gets it”… see if you can find her!

9 Likes
5 Likes