Drums of War

6 Likes
7 Likes

That one man, reacting to “we fight for you” and “freedom” was heartbreaking.

8 Likes

I suspect that that language is familiar to the audience, as it’s probably used regularly by the regime… and I also suspect that the audience was carefully selected (and that it’s certainly several performances, edited together). I do wonder how closely their own edited mirrored how the regime would normally do it?

And the sound of music, with the kids, that is more heartbreaking to me… just how well they know what is expected of them. But you can see cracks here and there when they get some close ups of their faces… It’s amazing how well the Laibach can employee the same propaganda techniques in their performances and videos. I guess it helped that they came from a state that did the same (though far less restrictive than NK).

7 Likes
11 Likes

The one side-eyeing the rest of the crowd? Yup, there’s usually at least one.

6 Likes

Actually… there is one lady, towards the end, who is bopping her head along to the music - that’s the one I mean. She GETS it, I think (as much as anyone can “get” Laibach, I suppose)… I think the side-eye girl, in the traditional red dress, is probably the daughter of some elite person in the regime… That’s my head canon at least!

7 Likes
7 Likes

Nations agree to curb enthusiasm for military AI before it destroys the world

[…]

The first global Summit on Responsible Artificial Intelligence in the Military Domain, or REAIM, brought representatives from more than 60 countries – including the US and China – to the Hague in the Netherlands to discuss and ultimately sign a call to action on how to make responsible use of AI in the military.

Russia did not participate.

Signatories agreed that AI’s accelerating use means it’s critical to act now to establish international military AI norms, as well as address issues of AI unreliability, how responsible humans should be in the AI decision-making process, unintended consequences of AI use, and potential escalation risks.

[…]

8 Likes
6 Likes
9 Likes

So needy and insecure, that guy.

7 Likes

I’ve listened to that song like five times now today. Damn what a great song…

5 Likes

Which one? The Whistleblowers? The video for it is great…

It’s like Wes Anderson meets Lemi Riefenstahl…

5 Likes
7 Likes
10 Likes

That’s impressive for a coal fired missile.

9 Likes
11 Likes

Ugh Frustrated GIF by Equipe de France de Football

6 Likes

So the Axis of Evil in Cold War Part Deux is Russia, China, Iran and South Africa? I did not have that on my bingo card.

7 Likes