Dublin's permanent 'Dublinia' exhibit employs extreme realism

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/17/dublins-permanent-dublinia.html

4 Likes

Pooping in medieval times seems like hard work.

Wait until your 60’s, you’ll find out all about it.

6 Likes

Psyllium Husk

2 Likes

I enjoyed the extreme surrealism there:

fish-on-bike

Guinness factory exhibit. Go there for a free pint.

9 Likes

Is that meant to represent Peter O’Toole? Because the likeness isn’t quite perfect.

Haha, I saw this exact exhibit years ago. It was a highlight of our visit to Dublin. Looks like it hasn’t changed a bit. This poor guy has been straining for at least a decade.

3 Likes

I’d have expected the white house privy to be a bit more lavish based on the current occupant’s gilded tastes. Also, shouldn’t he be holding a phone with twitter on the screen?

Ha! I was just telling someone about this exhibit last weekend.

1 Like

Magnesium 500 ml grms daily…

How many mü unze is this?

Sorry if you knew already, but the fish on a bicycle is from a Guinness TV ad.

I attended a conference hosted in the Guinness Storehouse a couple of years ago. I don’t drink, so the product was of limited interest (though when I did drink, I did tend to favour Guinness), but the building itself is worth a visit. The museum’s spread over 4-5 floors, IIRC, with a void in the middle in the shape of a vast pint glass; the head is a rooftop bar.

3 Likes

That’s where the photo was taken. It’s on display there.

Sorry; yes, I got that. :wink:

I suppose I was using your post as an excuse to tell everyone else to visit!

1 Like

I went last year, great museum.
Also highly recommend the national museum of archaeology a block up from St. Stephen’s Green and the Little Museum of Dublin right on St. Stephen’s Green.

1 Like

Take that, feminism!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.