Duggar family minister tells incredible lies about U.S. slavery

Originally published at: Duggar family minister tells incredible lies about U.S. slavery | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Conservative Wingnuts: Give me liberty or give me death! Don’t Tread on Me! Every patriot has the right and the duty to take up arms against tyranny in all its forms!

Enslaved and Marginalized Peoples: We would like some freedom too.

Conservative Wingnuts: How. Dare. You.

48 Likes

38 Likes

They lie about everything, so of course they’d lie about this.

31 Likes

Maybe there’s a place for protests. I don’t know. Maybe we should just skip ahead to the part where we grind down the damn Confederates until they are forced to surrender. :angry:

18 Likes

Yup, the central takeaway of Frederick Douglass’ My Bondage and My Freedom is “every little thing is gonna be alright.”

14 Likes

Did they ever go to Washington, DC and have a rally 200 years ago to protest against slavery?

I’m sure that would have worked out swimmingly for them.

23 Likes

WTAF…

Fox Broadcasting No GIF by FOX TV

Somebody needs to buy this ignorant MF a ticket and send him on a tour.

25 Likes

What a total, lying shit-stain.

21 Likes

I’d like to imagine that pointing out the awful laws about slavery (Example here: Selections from Alabama's Laws Governing Slaves · SHEC: Resources for Teachers) could get this ignoramus to understand how awful slavery was. Included in these awful laws are the fines imposed on people caught teaching enslaved people how to Read. If you believe that salvation comes from understanding the word of God, then prohibiting literacy is the act of standing between God and Man. Sadly, he is an ignoramus. And I am too tired of trying to teach the willfully ignorant to communicate with him directly.

16 Likes

Who better to guide people on their spiritual journey than a Boss Hogg cosplayer with a heart full of corruption and a brain full of tertiary syphilis?

21 Likes

That might be the most ignorant thing I’ve ever heard anyone say in my entire life. And I’ve heard a lot of ignorant shit.

23 Likes

Good people on both ends of the whip.

14 Likes

He probably also thinks the Holocaust ended through passive obedience.

12 Likes

Oh, I’m sure he has a whole other set of views about the Holocaust, that he’d just love to tell you all about.

20 Likes

“Did they go to Washington DC and protest?”

LOL, what? They were SLAVES! You think they were allowed to just leave and go protest somewhere? And if they were allowed to leave, why wouldn’t they just keep on walking further north?

Good God, what a fucking moron.

24 Likes

“If enslaved people really hated living under a government that denied them basic human rights then why didn’t they simply vote for different leadership?”

17 Likes
14 Likes

Also:

Conservative Wingnuts: This is outrageous, it’s fucking slavery, man!

Also Conservative Wingnuts: Actually, the planters treated their slaves very well, bringing them the light of Christianity and civilisation…

16 Likes

Let’s not mistake this bullshit for ignorance. He knows better, can easily learn the subject. Instead he chose to give this racist nonsense to his flock of neo Nazis and the public.

BasicJovialIbizanhound-max-1mb

15 Likes