Dumb Ways to Die, 10 years later

Originally published at: Dumb Ways to Die, 10 years later | Boing Boing

12 Likes

That’s sweet; thank you for sharing.

9 Likes

How did I never hear of that before? That’s a truly wonderful thing, and I can close this website now happily for today!

Thank you.

For future reference, the band seems to be Tangerine Kitty, and there’s a Deck The Halls version which now goes to my seasonal playlist I’ll be using this year at some relative’s place.

15 Likes

And exported to the states, such as Denver’s RTD:

8 Likes

The band is Tinpan Orange, who never quite got as famous as I thought they should be. They’re on Tidal, the YouTubes, etc. I’ve seen them live a couple times and they were delightful.

ETA: Ah, it was a collab between members of Tinpan Orange and The Cat Empire, and they called themselves Tangerine Kitty (geddit?) for the collab. Noice.

14 Likes

Guess I’ll go listen to Leonard Cohen now, to balance out the happy lilt…

6 Likes

As per @euansmith and @LutherBlisset this was a TRULY wonderful thing that I had never seen before.

Definitely getting added to my music library.

6 Likes

I was thinking that the perfect sour chaser would be…

7 Likes

I’d never heard about Dumb Ways to Die until the mobile game came out; catchy tune.

2 Likes

It also shows up in the NYC MTA/Train Museum… where they have a big display talking about dumb ways to die around subway tracks. Which promptly got my kids (5 and 8) singing this song… my wife was thrilled.

6 Likes

Well, it’s either this or Infant Sharks. /s

1 Like

AiA9

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.