Dumbest Line From A Song?

Are you calling @anon33932455 a traditional Québecois meat pie?

3 Likes

… that Mojave Desert is a motherfucker :hot_face:

5 Likes

I’m more of a poutine, though I’ve been known to switch-hit to meat pies.

3 Likes

I’ve liked, then quickly unliked, more than one. “No likes” seemed easy when I was laying this out. Lol

7 Likes

You could also do the first vote with “Build Poll” if you want—there’s a “Multiple Choice” option for letting people vote more than once

• WHAT
  • YES
  • NO
  • I DON’T GET IT

0 voters

3 Likes

Which reminds me:

I’m on my knees looking for an answer, are we human or are we dancer?” - Human, The Killers.

1 Like

Journey, Don’t Stop Believin’

Just a city boy
Born and raised in South Detroit

People from Detroit know full well that the place due south from downtown Detroit is more commonly referred to as “Canada”.

3 Likes

Maybe said city boy never learnt to read, so he didn’t realise he actually grew up in Windsor, Canada.
And since he couldn’t tell which train was going where, he just took a midnight train going anywhere.

6 Likes
5 Likes

In the desert you can remember your name 'cause there ain’t no one for to give you no pain

America was a great sounding band, but their lyrics could leave you scratching your head wondering “Really guys, that’s the best you could come up with?”

My entry, in the same vein:

There’s a killer on the road,
his brain is squirmin’ like a toad

(The Doors, Riders on the Storm)

2 Likes

til today i learned GIF by Justin

However: the song calls him a “city boy”.

South Detroit is one of many townships within Brown County, South Dakota. Brown County has a total population around 38,000. So “city boy” puts us back to “this doesn’t add up at all”. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

“Easy” by Commodores

Know it sounds funny but I just can’t stand the pain
Girl, I’m leaving you tomorrow

Black Woman What GIF by Holly Logan

Your Honor, I really don’t recall what happened after I heard that. There might’ve been more to the song, some kind of explanation…:woman_shrugging:t4: Surely a jury of my peers (twelve :astonished: women) will understand. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Dio (in all his incarnations) should have a category all to himself. From his lyrics to Rainbow’s A Light in the Black:

Like an open door that you’ve passed before
But you never had the key

What do you need the key for Ronnie?

2 Likes

It does make it sound like Chicago is an East coast city though.

3 Likes

Third Coast.

Yes, that is sometimes said about Chicago. I don’t make the news, I just report it.

7 Likes

“I smell like I sound, I’m lost and I’m found” - Duran Duran “Hungry Like the Wolf”

As much as I love Duran Duran the only smell this sound makes me think of is linen, cocaine, and hairspray.

6 Likes

“Comin’ down the street like a parade / Macy’s / I’ll fill her up / BALLOONS!” - Ludacris “My Chick Bad ft. Nicki Minaj”

Perhaps one of the most notorious examples of “hashtag rap” ever recorded. Ludacris is known for clever lyrics and flows. This was unfortunately not that.

1 Like

Now it all makes sense…

jurassic park mind blown GIF by Spotify

7 Likes

I was born and raised in Detroit. Windsor is south of Detroit not South Detroit. Of course there’s a southern part of Detroit it’s just not known as South Detroit.

Steve Perry said in an interview years later he just needed a lyric that sang well and was not aware there was no South Detroit.

There was a restaurant in Windsor named South Detroit. It’s no longer open.

Southern Detroit would be the Lincoln Park/Ecorse border.

But the Southern most neighborhood is Boynton so technically that would be South Detroit.

7 Likes

“Bismillah, NO! We will not let you go!”
Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody

Came immediately to mind as there used to be a column in the Melody Maker (long-dead UK music newspaper, like the NME) for reader-submitted bad lyrics, and this was its actual title.

1 Like