Dune logo unveiled at event; copyright claimants rush to remove it from the 'net

Am I the only one that sees “DUNG” in that logo?

1 Like

That’s interesting. I have a dyslexic friend but didn’t realize some books can be harder.

Are there ways I can write to be more accessible beyond not using obscure words? (Something in my professional life I avoid since not everyone has English as their 1st language in my workplace and busting out a thesaurus word just slows things down)

2 Likes

the magnificent badness of the 1982 David Lynch movie

Bad and wrong take. I’ll fight anyone who says that a movie containing this could possibly be bad:

17 Likes

Very nice point about the “Frenchness” of the font design.
I am very pleased about the specificity of the background image – the way it’s not just any old generic sand dune, but textured, funky, otherworldly in an intriguing and engaging way.
I’m becoming increasingly interested in what Villeneuve will do with the material.

1 Like

“a few folks are dunking on it. Or, if you like, dunc-ing on it.”

Anybody else seeing the good missed Dune joke opportunity here?

3 Likes

It is interesting. I’ll obviously defer to the dyslexic, but I thought it was more to do with typesetting than word use.

ETA: I do like the logotype.

1 Like

The sorta c / sorta e of the final letter made me see DUNCE.

5 Likes

I have to say, I like that logo. Simple type and elegant. Nice job.

1 Like

Scarcity is manufactured.

2 Likes

“Usul, we have wormsign the likes of which even GOD has never seen!”
fark_2qwxE94l9YUGlVPzm3oaF01dHUs

8 Likes

The already announced sequel: 404 The Page You’re Looking For Can’t Be Found.

13 Likes

1 Like

I just finished re-reading Dune (meh), I’m learning how to play the recently refreshed board game, I love the logo, and I’m super hyped about the movie. I have enjoyed everything Villeneuve has done so far, and if there’s a better director working today to handle the weird world-building of Herbert, and make a coherent, compelling film out of it, I don’t know who it would be.

4 Likes

I didn’t mean you were trolling. Let me modify my post… or remove it entirely…

1 Like

LOL omfg YES what you said hahahaha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That may be the best gif in history hahahaha

I’m picturing movie cross-promotions with Duncan Donuts, lol

2 Likes

no it’s cool, I just didn’t include it in the post but it deserves seeing.

1 Like

To @lorq 's point, it isn’t just a generic looking sand dune. It does look otherworldly, and not bad for stock art. My reply to him was not worthwhile.

I hope the movie is good. I saw the David Lynch version in the theaters when I was a teen, and even though it was confusing – I hadn’t read the books (still haven’t) – I enjoyed it. But I also haven’t rewatched it within the last couple decades, so my brain may be lying to me.

1 Like

Dune Thing! (Dum dum, dum-dum-dum, dum-dum da dum-dum-dum)
You make my House sing! (Dum dum, dum-dum-dum, dum-dum da dum-dum-dum)
You make Atreides – Mahdi!
Dune Thing, I think I love you …

8 Likes

The real question we’re all asking ourselves? Will the movie have “drum sand”?

1 Like