During the Kavanaugh hearings, House Republicans voted in a $3.1 trillion tax cut for the rich

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/03/devils-triangle.html

5 Likes

This is sure to please all those temporarily embarrassed millionaires.

25 Likes

46 Likes

color me shocked. shocked I tell you.

(I asked Frye to be here with his normal animated gif but he told me to fuck off, he’s tired of this bullshit.)

17 Likes

Penn-Teller-Fool-Us-493x300

10 Likes

And to add insult to injury, when someone finally totals up all the ‘campaign donations’ received by these scumbags in exchange for selling the entire nation down the river, we’ll find that they sold us out for peanuts.

The percentage return on investment that giant corporations and billionaire oligarchs get for the money they spend on buying politicians is staggering.

28 Likes

This is the thing that always gets me. At least have the dignity of taking BIG bribes. I suppose if they don’t take the peanuts they’re offered the bribe-offers just move down the line to the next politician.

7 Likes

I mean, the campaign contributions are just the bribes we hear about because they’re the legal way to buy congresscritters. Here’s just the one’s who were sloppy enough to get caught with their hands in the cookie jar…

8 Likes

I can’t wait 'til that trickles down on me… not the Kavanaugh trickle, the tax trickle.

[Back in the '80s, “tax trickle” was a drinking game.]

2 Likes

And “drinking game” was slang for getting fucked both ways.

9 Likes

Dead

17 Likes

Quite frankly it’s the shit that’s not on the congressional record that scares me the most.

6 Likes

"Money speaks for money, the Devil for his own
Who comes to speak for the skin and the bone…"
— Billy Bragg, There is Power in a Union

6 Likes

How about crowdfunding a Slush Fund For Good? Politicians do seem to be pretty cheap. The list of stretch goals could include targeting specific pieces of legislation.

6 Likes

Not exactly that, but kindof along those lines of using the system against itself Lawrence Lessig created as anti-super PAC super PAC.

3 Likes

“Teeth Diamonds”

1 Like

It’s a measure of the greedpig mindset of the modern GOP that, having passed their bill under of the cover of a distraction they’re doubling down on ensuring that distraction will have a lifetime position on the highest court in the land.

3 Likes

Nope, sorry. Politicians taking money from wealthy donors and corporations is business as usual, but if ordinary people try to get in on the act, it’s a bribe. Susan Collins says so.

3 Likes

Why not call it “a $3.1 trillion tax increase for the non-rich”?

Granted, much of it accumulates in national debt, but somehow I have the feeling that when the time comes to pay that down, it’s not coming out of big generational money.

6 Likes

It’s as angusm says, but the real reason is that they KNOW corporate and rich money will always be there and that crowdfunding will not.

1 Like