E-ink photo frame doesn't need charging

We have different thresholds, it seems. :slight_smile:
Not the op, but I hail from the late 90s… it’s changed drastically. I’m not sure what’s better in this age than before? The diversity has shrunk and the ads become blatant.

Genuine question to you! I want to challenge my rose-colored glasses.

Morning Paper Revisited

I loved this project when I first saw it, then was less enamored by the price tag. :smiley:
Also loved the idea of using concrete in the build!

The trajectory of these kinds of displays seem destined to keep expanding until the entire wall is a display. Stand alone lighting may get subsumed into these displays to the point where we might as well dial in a living room scene for when we want to be in a living room and not a tropical jungle or whatever…

Yeah, until that day comes, all these intermediate steps are strictly temporary stopgaps.

1 Like

Not sure, but my Logitech solar powered keyboard is in a room with no windows so the only light it gets to power itself is from the 60w bulb on the ceiling in the middle of the room and the glow of my two computer monitors and it’s always shown a full charge all the time and says it has enough light to run off the ambient light in the room and charge the little stick of gum sized rechargeable battery it houses.

2 Likes

This consumes a lot more power than e-ink, and costs hundreds of thousands. But the tech to transform an entire wall into a screen (without projection) is “here”

2 Likes

I bought you a digital picture frame, which wall of your house do you want to replace?

2 Likes
2 Likes

looks around his home

Walls are for bookcases, and unfortunately I can’t spare any.

4 Likes

You answer pleases me, I’ll allow it. :nerd_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.