Eagles of Europe's alpine lakes are absolute units

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/21/eagles-of-europes-alpine-lakes-are-absolute-units.html

4 Likes

Sigurd Tesche makes excellent documentaries.
A lot of them can be found on YouTube.

5 Likes

Mmmm… drumsticks :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

What does this headline mean? I can’t get the words to parse, and I don’t have 50 minutes right now to (maybe) find out.

Edit: I never heard this usage of the word “unit” somehow. I was imagining it used in some mathematical sense, possibly in contrast to a relative unit.

4 Likes

Birds of the species Aquila chrysaetos, found around the lakes of the Alps mountain range located on the continent of Europe are of unusual size

7 Likes

Beautiful plumage.

6 Likes

Huh-huh, “unit”, huh-huh…

3 Likes

Raptors Of Unusual Size? I don’t think they exist.

eagle-attack

11 Likes

Bird didn’t skip leg day.

7 Likes

Where does a bird of prey even get its talons on HGH?

3 Likes

Hawk Growth Hormones?

3 Likes

The rabbit’s final thoughts before the grab?

3 Likes

The more I look at it the more it strikes me as the raptor version of a bro-dozer. It’s like a red-tailed hawk jacked up on oversized tires that make no functional sense for highway driving. I bet it also has an altered exhaust system so everyone hears it coming from miles around, even before they see the clouds of black smoke!

1 Like

Absolute Unit is British slang.

I did set you up for that on purpose

1 Like

The eagle wasn’t interested in carrying off that goat chamois, just getting it far enough away from the cliff face that the drop would kill it.

Eagles are jerks.

5 Likes

Well it’s a pretty effective way to kill something that’s bigger than you. The eagle will still have eaten it.

(I’m also pretty sure that’s a chamois, not a goat)

2 Likes

I just play the cards I’m dealt, Doc.

Rabbit? Isn’t that a goat?

ETA: Already answered up-topic :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.