Early Billie Eilish festival footage surfaces, shows mostly empty field with just a handful of people watching

Originally published at: Early Billie Eilish festival footage surfaces, shows mostly empty field with just a handful of people watching | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Massive pop star wasn’t always a massive pop star! Shocking film at eleven!

[edited b/c my wrting suckd]

17 Likes

December 1961 - The Beatles playing to a crowd of 18 people.

22 Likes

i’m just grateful it’s not some grainy potato video for once.

4 Likes

Just like my brother’s punk rock band. Today He can say that there are even fewer people watching.

9 Likes

That video will make liars out of the 25,000 people who’ve said: “I was at Billie’s first festival show!”

8 Likes

Lady Gaga playing at Nathan Hale HS, Seattle right before her debut album (crap potato video, just for @Franko).

Her show was sponsored by the school student radio station , one of the first stations to play her music.

8 Likes

haha, i remember seeing this before – good video!

4 Likes

No video exists of the industrial band I was a part of, or you lot would be treated to A Single Cadaver and I taking turns reading our poems, and all of us (between 3-7 others) bashing a truck door and other large metal objects w/small metal objects, as Mike Dead was breaking lightbulbs and encouraging his guitar to make what should have been impossible noises.

[edited b/c my wrting stil sucks]

7 Likes

This was your first inglorious attempt to break into Broadway, no?

(please be true)

2 Likes

Cindy took her nom d’etage from a line in the spooky AF Public Image Limited song Under the House:

…It went under the house
A single cadaver
It went under the house…

I’m friends with a brother and sister who are sometimes known as Joe Malicious and Sue Delicious. Joey’s really a six-and-a-half-foot-plus pussycat, but Sue’s nickname is perfection.

I was dubbed Christine Facetious.
tophat-biggrin beer tophat-cool tophat-rofl

No Broadway ambitions I’m afraid, just a coupla weird broads, with a buncha other weirdos in a weird-ass band, even for the mid-80s!

7 Likes

(i had no idea which emoji to use, I kinda wanted to use most of them)

5 Likes

Yeah, we certainly were a lotsa emojis sort of group, esp the night Dave Aswell trash-picked a red tricycle just before we went on…

tophat-biggrin tophat-wow iorik
gekkie batsmile
nervously whistling nodding phones
guitar
The tricycle looked better than it sounded, more’s the pity. It went back in a trash heap after the show: we weren’t about to keep an instrument whose sound was not up to our (warped AF) standards.

4 Likes

I read your entire post in this voice:

and I suspect you did the drawl on purpose… :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

LOL You are terribly kind. I love Bogart.

Mr Aswell told me my delivery was a cross between

and

[Curiously, I have the same rather odd dimples as Ms Anderson, and they only appear when I hold my mouth in a similar way tophat-biggrin ]

3 Likes

Well, that’s a combo… x

4 Likes

Seemed to work for me. Go figure! think

6 Likes

Have you seen In a Lonely Place?

I just did the other night, great stuff (if also a disturbing backstory).

3 Likes

I don’t think so! Thanks for hipping me!!!

2 Likes

Go Team GIF by KWC Panthers

You betcha!

2 Likes