Earth’s magnetic field is weakening

Because, on average, we’re overdue for about 50% of all geologic events at any point in time. The other half happened sooner than expected.

6 Likes

That is totally the wrong attitude. Why fix climate change when polar precession and supervolcanoes are going to kill us anyway.

\sarcasm :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How will this affect Santa Claus’s operation at the North Pole?

Well, it’s true, they haven’t released an album in a while, but I’m pretty sure they’re still together.

5 Likes

I think it’s in the news because 1) It’s happening 10 times faster than previously thought and 2) That was determined using new technology.

I do think the flip might be an interesting chance to test some hypotheses. For instance, some scientists speculate that birds migrate by sensing the earth’s magnetic field. I’m guessing a flip in the field would provide a significant enough disruption to test that hypothesis.

Can’t say I loved every track on 2012’s Love at the Bottom of the Sea, but ‘Andrew in Drag’ was singing-it-at-the-top-of-my-lungs brilliant.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.