Easy-Listening Acid Trip: An Elevator Ride through Sixties Psychedelic Pop

You can dance in double time

2 Likes

Never forget: The Doors won zero Grammy’s but José Feliciano won one for his cover of Light My Fire. Which is a great cover, for the record.

Wow. Probably haven’t heard that since the 70s. AM classic!

1 Like

You’re welcome.

@frauenfelder

I gather that was an ironic comment :grin:

@FloridaManJefe @gumbowing @bobtato
My partner at the time was researching an article on Muzak and some of the “composers/arrangers” apparently found an incredible amount of freedom to experiment given access to musicians and an audience that didn’t give a shit about the music.

Perhaps drawing a long bow here but Bernard Herman took the opportunity to use music as a sound design element that audiences would feel but it was in the “background”… famously there is no music in Hitchcock’s The Birds (all experimental electro stuff) and in Psycho their are comic references e.g. the ‘busy bee’ music that accompanies Bates cleaning up the blood after the “shower Scene”!

@frauenfelder @freshacconci
Just found this good break down of the history behind the history of ‘Bitter Sweet Symphony’ . tld/watch, it was the copyright holders and not the creatives that won this round.

1 Like

It only took some 20 years, but eventually the creatives won:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.