Ecce tympanista

No apologies, you deserve it :wink:

3 Likes

Was that Noel Edmunds holding the cake tray?

1 Like

Um, what? Is that a thing or did you leave out a smiling emoticon?

9 Likes

The lyrics are “In the garden of eden, baby…” Inna-gadda-da-vida is what the singer sang.
The producer decided to name it after the slurred sound, because it was the '60s.

5 Likes

Ah, I see. That’s a reference to something in a Simpsons episode - but I never watched the show. Maybe you aren’t aware of the actual Iron Butterfly album. The given title of the album itself and the longest track (really the entire second side of the album) is “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida”. Literally.

4 Likes

No, I wasn’t referencing the Simpsons; it was a story told to me by an A&R guy from Atlantic at a party in 1982.

4 Likes

Nyangostar is an apple.

They’re the mascot for a town that grows a lot of apples.

Here’s Nyangostar killing it with Maximum the Hormone:

7 Likes

Yes, I likely listened to In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida with my parents (probably on vinyl) before seeing The Simpsons reference it in the mid 90’s making the “In the Garden of Eden - I. Ron Butterfly” joke.

Though it’s possible the Simpsons episode (S07E04) came first and album came second for me, I was only about 9 or 10.

2 Likes

I dunno…Yoyoka rocks harder, if you ask me.

1 Like

That was just… uplifting. A good start to the day.

Also: if you like large non-human drummers (and why not) here’s an awesome looking big purple entity:

7 Likes

tenor (5)

3 Likes

Whatever he/she/they are, it seems an apple a day keeps the elevator music away.

1 Like

Now having ‘Manhunter’ flashbacks and it’s all your fault.

[Graphic gun violence warning]

2 Likes

Nyango Star is clearly a mix of a Cat (nyan is the sound a cat makes), an Apple (ringo) … and for extra level of pun-ishment, Beatles drummer Ringo Starr.

Considering she quite clearly throws horns at one point, I’m going to say enjoying herself.

3 Likes

:metal: :metal:

Probably should join Heavysaurus.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.