Ed Asner dies at 91, lived a complete life and made fun of my shoes

Originally published at: Ed Asner dies at 91, lived a complete life and made fun of my shoes | Boing Boing

8 Likes

You tie the story around the shoes, yet don’t show us a picture of them? Please post a pic! I’m dying to see them!

20 Likes

They belong in a museum! The shoes, of course. “Ed Asner once made fun of these shoes” displayed on a tent card next to them in a glass case.

7 Likes

icegif-5223

10 Likes

In addition to his role in Up younger generations will also remember him well as Santa Claus from Elf. (“If you see gum on the street, leave it there. It isn’t free candy.”)

10 Likes

“Looks like you got those at the Salvation Army.”

whenever someone says something like this to me, i usually tell them truthfully, “Why yes, I did!”

6 Likes

A good liberal, and a good human. But a 9/11 truther also. And what was up with that documentary he narrated about HIV denialism? Anyone ever see that?

3 Likes

the president of the Screen Actors Guild for two terms.

I’m going to highlight this part because it’s as large a legacy for Asner as was his acting work. Even his more conservative rivals in the union will admit he completely transformed it before and after his tenure as president. Using that personality Kevin describes in his lovely anecdote, Asner turned the SAG into a fierce defender of his fellow artists’ rights.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.