Eddy Goldfarb invented chattering teeth and 800 other legendary toys

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/23/eddy-goldfarb-invented-chattering-teeth-and-800-other-legendary-toys.html

6 Likes

Wow. What a beautiful story. So much pleasure given to so many.

6 Likes

Watched this the other day. Highly recommended viewing. I had no idea this guy was responsible for so many well-known toys and games.

6 Likes

Dang - I would have assumed that the invention dated back to the 1910s or something and that there was no chance the inventor was still alive. Stoked to watch this

3 Likes

I really enjoyed this video. I also really like Eddy Goldfarb. Old guy who keeps up with skills and tech! Wows!

One thing I always wonder when I see really active old folks is how they got there? I’m 57, loaded with arthritis in my knees, hips, lower back, and elbows, a bit in my fingers too. I want to know how active old people avoided it? I exercised, ran regularly, did yoga, and still, it all seemed to work against me.

I’m thinking that old vibrant people are born, not made, and that despite all the hype, it’s a total crapshoot.

It’s nice when someone as decent as Eddy Goldfarb wins the crapshoot.

5 Likes

Ah, so that’s who took my goddamn teeth.

1 Like

There was a point in my life when Stompers were everything. Just after Empire, but before Jedi, 3rd and 4th grade were dominated by modifying our Stompers. I had a Jeep CJ that I swear could climb any obstacle course we could make.

Thanks Eddy.

2 Likes

Why the chattering teeth? I understand toys that are like something, or can build not something, or change. But all these teeth did was chatter. They are funny once, but that’s it, surely? Don’t get me wrong: I wanted some when I was smaller, I wanted them bad. But why? There is something emblematic about them.He should have the teeth on his coat of arms.

Clever guy, your Eddie Goldfarb.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.