EFF asks court to let American sue Ethiopia for hacking his computer and rounding up his friends

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/25/eff-asks-court-to-let-american.html

1 Like

see, this right here is why, as a man of very modest means, I wanted to set up a small repeating monthly donation to the EFF. I’d love to be able to afford charity to all types of good causes; St. Judes hospital, for instance. But the problems St Judes is fighting are well identified: debilitating diseases, poor families unable to pay for treatment. Well understood problems by everyone, though the money helps with new solutions; research and treatments.

The EFF is proactively identifying new problems and attacking them ASAP. I suppose defending the right to be secure in our persons and papers is an old problem, but in my analogy, the threats to that security are new and myriad. We do occasionally get new diseases, but e.g. poverty and cancer are hardly challenging to identify and rally against.

6 Likes

Huzzah!

1 Like

If we let him sue Ethiopia, that would discourage other clients from buying our spy-tools.

You see our dilemma…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.