Eggs are bad....again

Our household goes through 2-3 doz eggs a week. That is for 5 people. I suspect there are definitely days we are consuming more than 3. I wish someone would make up their mind about eggs definitively.

3 Likes

I’m eating an egg right now. (Tim’s farmer’s egg&sausage wrap.)

5 Likes

LIFEHACK: I’ve managed to dramatically cut down on the number of eggs I eat each week by switching from chicken to ostrich.

23 Likes

4b7681140513697d59346f5406162eb9

4 Likes

10 Likes

Also just found this…

6 Likes

They came first.

16 Likes

Wow that is the weakest case for eggs being bad for you in a long time.

6 Likes

What kept them warm until they hatched, then?

*Joking, NOT asking seriously

8 Likes

Me too. With a sausage patty and cheese between two slices of bread. Yum!

4 Likes

a ton of studies have showed that ingested cholesterol != increased cholesterol in your body. This study doesn’t seem to refute that, but instead suggests that people who eat many eggs for breakfast regularly also likely have other bad habits (like, oh, tons of fatty meats, butter, cheese, etc with those eggs) that make eating eggs an indicator of bad dietary habits that increase your risk of heart disease.

These reports that distill studies down to “Eating X is dangerous” seem to often miss that point - humans rarely eat one thing, or even the same thing, every day, so trying to say that eggs are bad is probably the wrong approach. IMHO this study correctly seems to state that “If you eat 3 or more eggs for breakfast you are probably eating a lot of unhealthy things with it, and that’s bad for you”.

Unfortuantely, I fear the takeaway will instead be “Eggs are bad for you because cholesterol”, which IMHO doesn’t seem to be the primary factor or takeaway here.

18 Likes

I ate one earlier;

7 Likes

518044_2143_L

7 Likes

Dinner tonight was leftover Nigerian pepper stew with pork and fufu…but now I am thinking I have to have eggs and bacon.

BRING IT ON!

5 Likes

I actually have an issue with my LDL…its way too low. My HDL is perfectly normal however.

I am pushed to eat foods that will specifically raise the LDL number. Imagine the suprise on my face when my Doc came in and said “So…I need you to increase your cholesterol…”

3 Likes

yEF7BwX28n5oVaikoPA2MQVRxg4%3D

11 Likes

The famous American breakfast meal is literally a “three egg omelette” and is typically loaded with cheese and fatty meat. It’s not shocking that 3 became their big reveal number.

4 Likes

Dinosaurs.

*(I know you were joking. I chose to disregard that.)

5 Likes

bad-eggs

6 Likes

Sadly, like most women, I’m used to men just ignoring what I say.

5 Likes