Eggs are bad....again

Actively choosing to disregard =/= ignoring. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

6 Likes

Luckily, I only eat a single egg a day, with a pound of bacon on the side.

7 Likes

The Get Both! option in action <3

Mind blown.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Wait, you need to raise your LDL?

I have the opposite problem: Overall cholesterol number is good, and LDL (the “bad” one, right?) is OK but HDL (the “good” one) is too low. Triglycerides are high, too (one doctor said it was from eating too many cakes and pies – it wasn’t).

1 Like

nopety nope, not possible

2 Likes

Sorry. I mixed it up. You have it right. My LDL is normal. My HDL (the good kind) is WAY TOO low.

The issue is. The lower your hdl gets your risk for heart disease increases exponentially. Therefore I am pushed to eat lots of salmon (which doesn’t agree with me. I love it but suffer for it), red wine (also doesn’t agree with me triggers migraines), olive oil (finally a winner. I consume a lot of it) and flax/beans/whole grains. All which I do love.

So you have the same issue I have. My liver is screwed up. It’s specifically Gilbert’s syndrome. You may have it too.

Positive side effect for me. I can drink like you can’t believe and my liver process it fine. :slight_smile: risk of heart disease super high…boo. Risk of cyrosis super low…yay.

It’s a mixed bag. Something has to kill you. :smiley:

3 Likes

Came across this on reddit. The first dumpling should kill us all by just watching the video!!!

1 Like
3 Likes

I’m going to take this as fact. Unfortunately I still have to wait until early May (Dr.'s orders).

Sorry to hear that. I don’t think they’ve ever checked me for that – presumably an off-kilter liver function would turn up in a blood test? – but I don’t think I really have the other symptoms.

1 Like

yeah. the chem7 tests will show it clear as day. Its no big deal…just means I have to reduce other heart disease factors…its easily managed.

1 Like

I wonder that about studies saying diet soda is bad for you… because I feel like most people who drink diet soda are trying to compensate for an otherwise unhealthy diet… (I don’t personally)

1 Like

As I understand it, several of those studies say that very thing, that one of the pitfalls of artificial sweeteners in general is the belief that one can then eat more calories.

4 Likes

A lot of those use the same technique to make Chinese pancakes, I was surprised how a little variation changed the look so much.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Egg preservation techniques?

Don’t try putting them back in the chicken, trust me.

3 Likes

law-order-good_cholesterol-cholesterol-good_cop-cops-interview-mban1687_low

6 Likes

Sometimes eggs say just the right statement

6 Likes