First Eggs, then pickled meats...NOW TEA! TEA IS BAD

TEA IS KILLING YOU!!!

I can’t anymore with this. I’m going to keep enjoying my cigar or two a month, drinking bourbon and rye regularly. Eating eggs and cured meats. Some vanilla, earl grey, and lavender tea in my afternoons. I will definitely eat sushi, medium rare steaks, and wheat bread. I might even have chicken nuggets once in a great while!!!

3 Likes

It’s not the tea. It’s the drinking it so hot that it causes damage to the throat. Over time, the day damage/repair cycle can increase the likelihood of cancer.

The same could happen gulping superhot coffee, soup or straight up water. Hence the concerns some of us have about long-term effects of other activities involving the ingestion of hot liquid.

Let it cool so it doesn’t burn you on contact, and tea is fine.

But hell. Live long enough and something will kill you.

7 Likes

They can have my Earl Grey when they tear it from my cold jittery hands.

8 Likes

While I like to pour the water at steaming hot temperatures, I don’t drink it very hot mainly because I steep it for five to ten minutes.

5 Likes

Everything is “bad for you.”

6 Likes

How does the joke go? Life is an STD with a 100% fatality rate.

8 Likes

I thought it was “All marriages end in either divorce or death, you too could be one of the lucky ones”

6 Likes

6 Likes

(side note: I had to double take because I thought it was Kellyanne Conway!!!)

4 Likes

Yeah I let it cool off, even my coffee.
Sometimes I get distracted enough to eventually just gulp down the tepid brown liquid in one go.

2 Likes

Happiness has been linked to cancer in lab rats. The only way to be healthy is to be constantly miserable, study shows.

1 Like

Same level of apologetic

3 Likes

Can you imagine dinner at the Conway house?

George: “How was work today?”

Kellyanne: “Oh, you know, same old same old. My boss called you a loser to fifty million followers.”

3 Likes

The only way those two are still married is if every night is a huge screaming match followed by great makeup sex.

Heck. Maybe George’s twitter trolling isn’t really about Trump.

3 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

I always drink Iced tea and iced coffee, even in winter, because I’m impatient and a wimp and every time i get it hot i burn my tongue. It probably doesnt help that i drink both black so there’s no milk to moderate the temperature. Hot chocolate too. I have a pavlovian fear of hot chocolate.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.