Eighth grade history instructor "taught" students that Trump is still president and anti-vaxx lies

OK, this may be a cultural difference but…

There might be a bit of a cultural difference here. In all the K-12 schools I went to, the janitors were very much well liked by the students, they were on-site adults who were less formal than the other school administrators. They weren’t into the school rule enforcement, but they were always kind of watching out for the students. Not only did they have a very important official job (keeping the building clean) but also an important unoffical side hustle of being an adult on staff that the kids really kind of trusted not to narc them out and help them.

I mean, the janitors were often weird, kind of outcast people; but they had a role. This person isn’t fit to lift a mop at the school.

10 Likes

That was even a subplot to an 80s movie!

3 Likes

tenor

5 Likes

Maybe we should call it BB editorial convergence? It gives insight into what the BB editors and contributors agree is interesting, er, agree will get clicks, if one is more cynical.

My brother in law is a head custodian at an elementary school. Not only does he like it, but the kids like him too. It has been a very stable job for him as well, unlike when he was younger (not sure if that is a job thing, or just a maturity thing).

He likes wrestling, but other than that, I am not sure if he is weird or not. At least not weird like me…

2 Likes

She is certificated, which limits the scope of what they can have her do. It will still be something academia related (but presumably without direct contact with students).

Or… they can fire her! This isn’t rocket surgery here…

3 Likes

Absolutely they should, and probably would have by now. But unless she violated a clearly outlined policy, the district will be engaging in mortal combat with her union to get rid of her.

Ah yes… blame the unions…

I’m not blaming the unions. I am a pro teachers’ union.

Yet they are the stumbling block to getting a teacher pushing dangerous conspiracy theories on her students out?

They will have to make a formal case to CTA, yes, she is not employed at-will by the district. Again, I hope she gets fired.

she has deep remorse? oh, well then – carry on! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I hear Ken Ham is hiring.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.