"Eleanor Rigby" but all the notes are E or F and it haunts your nightmares

Keep up!

Ringo was (and is) ‘Billy Shears’

“Yes, my name is Billy Shears,
You know it has been for so many years.”

From the 1973 song - I’m The Greatest!

4 Likes

Hmmmm - all Es and Fs, except for a few stray Bs (I heard three, to be exact).

And yeah, it sounds quite creepy, but in a less sophisticated way. The original is not really creepy as much as it is just sad, very effectively so IMO. It’s one of their best.

7 Likes

Auto correct got the better of me. Fixed and thank you.

1 Like
4 Likes

is this the Bone Thugs N Harmony filter?

3 Likes

I survived the Tidus Fantasy X soundtrack, so I think I can cope with this.

2 Likes

Györgi Ligeti did a series like this, where there would be only two notes in a song or something, then the next movement would add another note & so on.

The second movement gained some popularity.

7 Likes

One day, I hope to get that Key & Peele sketch out of my head when that group’s name comes up:

1 Like

Billy Shears is the name of the lookalike who replaced Paul McCartney after he died in a car crash. However, the replacement happened after Rubber Soul was released so that’s still Paul in the picture.

1 Like

oooo nooo.

1 Like

I have this played at all my funerals

2 Likes

Phrygian for Stygian just works.

2 Likes

Emo Beatles.

A) Thanks for introducing me to this song been on repeat the last few days. B) Nice try by Ringo to shift the prevailing narrative

2 Likes

OK folks, for your next test, listen to side 2 of Live Peace Toronto where, uh, Yoko’s gonna do her thing. [Me, I love it. I stopped doing it aloud when I scared someone a block away; it’s primal as fuck]

2 Likes

From the Rolling Stones’ Rock ‘n’ Roll Circus, John Lennon’s temporary band The Dirty Mac. Worth it just to enjoy violinist Ivry Gillis’ facial expressions as Yoko ululates over his solo.

5 Likes

Wut?
It’s an amazing song on one of the greatest albums of all time.

4 Likes

tgKaE

9 Likes

A pallet cleanser with a much brighter Eleanor Rigby from someone already haunted:

5 Likes

Eleanor Rigby shows Mcartney’s sheer melodic genius, the verse melody shifts between dorian and natural minor(aeolian mode) with such ease you would never notice it. And I am pretty sure Paul didnt sit down to write this and think, “well lets try 2 modes for the verse shall we”, the fact he came up with that by pure instinct is incredible.

3 Likes