Mystery music, played as Titanic sank, identified

[Permalink]

Oh thank God. I was worried it would be "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion.

Finally? I called it as soon as I heard it, and somebody else had already given the title. The tune's well-known enough that Gershwin quoted it in "An American in Paris" and Tootie sang it in MEET ME IN ST LOUIS.

Eerie? Eerie like an ice cream truck. Ugh, I would have let myself sink to the dark, icy, depths if I'd had to listen to that tune more than a couple of times in a row.

There! Curmudgeonly act for the day accomplished.

The sounds of tearing steel, rushing water, not-too-distant gurgling screams, and chattering teeth may have added to the eerie atmosphere.

Sounds like a NIN song.

They show this creepy video of the plush toy (its a pig btw)

Ah here's the vdi

Remixed it to be a bit more eerie.... too soon? As someone whose been very near death from drowning, I guess I can relate to this better...

Oh, there just aren't enough Likes available on the whole entire web for this!

I have played an arrangement of La Sorella on the piano accordion for years, one of the earliest songs I learned, and I don't think I would have picked it out.

Context might matter as well. I'm used to hearing music box arrangements. Someone who isn't might not be used to finding the melody in it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.