Election-denying JD Vance claims Trump did win in 2020

Originally published at: Election-denying JD Vance claims Trump did win in 2020 - Boing Boing

8 Likes

Of course, he refused to say that during the debate, because he knows that it will cut into Trump’s margins this year…

21 Likes

I can’t believe we’re still putting up with this election denial shit, 4 years later.

Fugging hell, it’s even worse now. :angry:

26 Likes

It goes without saying that this should be absolutely disqualifying.

Vance was largely successful trying to make himself look like a “reasonable” Republican during the debate, mostly because his running mate set the bar so incredibly low and because the network didn’t fact-check his outrageous lies. But his refusal to admit Biden won in 2020 was one time when he just couldn’t keep up the façade because there was no lie he could tell that would both satisfy his boss and make him look halfway sane.

20 Likes

Maybe, if you accept that “Republican”=“Batshit crazy, foaming at the mouth, loonytunes idiots.” All I saw him do was lie more smoothly than The Flatulent Fuehrer. That doesn’t make him “reasonable” IMHO, it makes him even scarier because if you are not up on the facts of the matter, he is capable of making the most outrageous lies seem kinda alright. But he is still an inveterate liar. Which is not reasonable in any real sense.

22 Likes

That’s why I used the scare quotes around “reasonable.”

If you were a profoundly ignorant person tuning into the debate without any critical thinking skills or ability to separate fact from fiction, most of the debate would have looked like a reasonable discourse between two adults. That’s a skill Trump has never been able to manifest (nor has he needed to, because his followers are awful).

16 Likes

The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

9 Likes

This is bad on several levels. Assuming the GOP “wins” in November via its usual combination of cheating and gaming the Electoral College, Vance sets himself up to oversee the certification for himself or another potential Republican “winner” in 2029.

I hope that Harris/Walz put out a lot of ads in the swing states letting the idiot undecided voters that they’re opening themselves up to real consequences (economic or worse) if they vote in election deniers on the GOP ticket.

10 Likes

My, my. Someone got an all-caps tongue lashing after the debate.

6 Likes

Although, if Trump did win in 2020, that means he is already president/dictator for life, and therefore doesn’t need to bother running in the current election.

Go ahead and drop out, Donald.

8 Likes

There was an absolutely horrifying roundup of just how extreme and dangerous the lies are recently, not just from Trump and Vance but other Republicans (e.g. MTG saying “they control the weather” !?!):

People are putting memes on Facebook about “here’s this person that FEMA is leaving to drown!” so FEMA sends boats out there and – no person. Words fail me.

4 Likes

it should, but his fuehrer wasnt disqualified for it and as long as the fuehrer says it, its a necessity. hes a bootlicker.

3 Likes