Fox News switches away from evasive, dishonest JD Vance

Originally published at: Fox News switches away from evasive, dishonest JD Vance - Boing Boing

10 Likes

Always ‘love’ the “…don’t want to talk about the past, because I want to focus on the future!” and then immediately reference something ‘wrong’ concocted from the opponent’s past.

And there stands smarmy slimy vance the sycophantic product of a past with pence.

23 Likes

After being sued for constantly repeating election lies, bullshit really does sound better when someone else airs it, Fox News reports.

25 Likes

So instead of saying “he is not telling the truth” they just pretend he didn’t say anything.

15 Likes

“I’m not interested in talking about the past” is a pretty rich response given how he answered (or rather, refused to answer) the question last night:

JDV: Tim, I’m focused on the future. Did Kamala Harris censor Americans from speaking their mind in the wake of the 2020 COVID situation?

In other words “why are we still talking about how Trump tried to overthrow the government in January of 2021 when we could be talking about how Harris wanted to censor conspiracy theorists in 2020, back before she took office?”

18 Likes

“Why can’t I blame Kamala Harris for everything that’s wrong with this country? It’s so unfair!”

18 Likes

My take (and I could of course be wrong) is that even Fox can read the polls and the mood of the country, and have no interest in backing a losing cause, especially when it has already cost them so much cash. Even lying losers get tired of losing.

12 Likes

Please let it be so!

8 Likes

If they let him continue, they’d be credibly accused of platforming the lie and open themselves to another lawsuit. That is unless they push back against it, which is something they cannot afford to do viewership-wise. They took the most neutral option. It’s a great way to continue their streak of having no integrity.

14 Likes

Hasn’t Tromp also denounced Fox? Maybe he really has finally burned his bridges with them. But then, didn’t they offer a debate that he accepted, and Harris didn’t?

It’s confusing. And come to think of it, I don’t actually care.

Business Entrepreneur GIF by CBC

8 Likes

Maybe not:

7 Likes

As far as I can follow it went like this:

• When Biden was still running the campaigns agreed to two debates: one on CNN on June 27 and a second on ABC News on Sept. 10.
  • After Biden dropped out following the first debate, Harris announced her intent to stick to the original date and format for the September 10 debate. Trump tried to weasel out of that ABC debate and instead proposed a different debate to take place on Fox News on September 4.
  • Harris stuck to her guns, and Trump eventually agreed to the originally scheduled debate on ABC where Harris kicked his ass.
  • The Harris campaign, more than happy to dish out another thrashing, announced that she’d be happy to do a second debate. She was so confident she offered to let Fox News host, just as Trump originally requested.
  • A thoroughly humiliated Trump declined said offer for a rematch.
16 Likes

thats the reason. the only reason.

14 Likes

“And since voting against Lord Dampnut is nothing short of treason, those votes are illegal!”

-What Shady Vance actually means

10 Likes

The rethuglicant asshole running against Elissa Slotkin for The Goddess Debbie Stabenow’s seat in Michigan is running astonishing ads. “mike rogers offers a new direction” !!!

How the fuck is dragging us back to the 5th millennium BCE a new direction?!

Like I say at least 6X/day, “These people! These fucking people!”

Bonus:
mr rogers took $1M from pharma companies for his vote against negotiating drug prices. How TF is that new?!

10 Likes

The “party of responsibility” doesn’t want to talk about past (wrong) actions. Oh my, aren’t I not surprised in the slightest.

Hmmm, now that I think about it. The media isn’t the only one obsessed with an attempted subversion of the election four years ago, I’m pretty obsessed too. But full disclosure, I’m one of those types that thinks democracy is more important than any of the other topics that Vance wants to hide behind.

8 Likes

“ It was during one of these MAGA-misinformation dumps that Acosta interrupted Lewandowski saying, “Corey you’ve been in this business a long time. I think you’re a mature grown-up. It’s Ka-ma-la Harris. Can you just say, can you say Kamala? Or you cannot say Kamala?”

Lewandowski ignored the question, and attempted to continue with a new immigration lie Trump’s campaign is promoting about non-detained immigrants under the Biden administration. That was enough for Acosta.

“Yeah. Well, Corey, I, you know, I appreciate you coming on. Maybe we’ll have you back. Thanks for your time.”

And with that Acosta abruptly ended the interview.”

Maybe they’re finally starting to learn.

18 Likes

Since they’re no longer focused on the past, Trump will likely be returning the hundreds of millions he received from supporters for the Stop the Steal campaign. I’m curious if any of his followers who acquired “Stop the Steal” or “January 6” tattoos will reflect on how they should now be looking forward.

9 Likes

Blockquote “Well, look, here’s the simple reason,” Vance replied. “The media is obsessed with talking about the election of four years ago.”

That’s all Trump talked about!

10 Likes

And when he was president, all he wanted to talk about was how he’d won in 2016, and lied about “illegals” voting in California losing him the popular vote.

9 Likes