In 2016 JD Vance said "I can't stomach Trump" and he's a "total fraud" (audio)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/17/in-2016-jd-vance-said-i-cant-stomach-trump-and-hes-a-total-fraud-audio.html

1 Like

Are we using ChatGPT to write posts now?

18 Likes

If I could flag an Author’s post I would. I mean, WTF?

15 Likes

You can! And it wouldn’t be the first time in the last week one of this author’s posts had been flagged.

13 Likes

Thanks. Done!

12 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 8 hours.

This was obviously generated by ChatGPT or whatever, and obviously posted by accident. Leaving it up on the front page does nothing to benefit Boing Boing. What’s going on here? Does flagging a contributor in the BBS raise any alarms anywhere?

12 Likes

just in case someone comes here looking for info about j.d.–

13 Likes

Do we need to wonder if any other contributions from this person are AI?
FWIW, ‘Ellsworth Toohey’ is a character in The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, which is a coinkeydink that did give me pause.

10 Likes

I don’t think we need to wonder.

ETA:

8 Likes

… we know “Ellsworth” and the mods will see it

Whether they care or not is something else :confused:

7 Likes

Specifically a character who presents himself as a selfless philanthropist, but who is actually a villain who spends decades secretly working to further the forces of… mediocrity? For reasons!

8 Likes

13 Likes

That obituary that you had generated is much kinder and sweeter than the genuinely mean-spirited roast that I saw before it was taken down.

5 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

ze fack? is this all some weird media competence exercise?

2 Likes

6 Likes

I’m surprised that story still hasn’t been fixed.

6 Likes