Trump's VP pick widens the ideological gap

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/15/trumps-vp-pick-widens-the-ideological-gap.html

14 Likes

I just hope that his many disparaging statements about Trump, including calling him “America’s Hitler,” get brought up at every opportunity.

48 Likes

Me too but, maddeningly, that’s not gonna happen with the (always polite when dealing with fascists) corporate media.

32 Likes

This fucker?

This will not end well.

48 Likes

… Vance thus being America’s Franz von Papen

13 Likes

39 Likes

“You called Trump America’s Hitler. Have you changed your mind, or did you decide you wanted to be Vice-Führer?”

44 Likes

Well it looks like a few outlets are bringing it up today, but they definitely won’t stick with it.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/jd-vance-once-compared-trump-hitler-now-they-are-running-mates-2024-07-15/

18 Likes

I’m so fucking tired.

48 Likes

Vance has already blamed Biden for Saturday’s shooting - so we can expect a lot more of this assholery in the run-up to November. So much for bringing the US together.

23 Likes

IMG_5008

25 Likes

Well I was wrong. I thought for sure Trump would pick Burgum. Vance seems like the kind of guy Trump would be worried might try to poison his Diet Coke.

22 Likes

He’s thinking about how easily he could 25th Amendment The Donvict right after inauguration.

14 Likes
  • “I’m a Never Trump guy, I never liked him.” --J.D. Vance, 2016
  • “My god what an idiot [is Trump]” --J.D. Vance, 2016
  • “Fellow Christians, everyone is watching us. When we apologize for this man, lord help us.” --J.D.Vance, in response to access hollywood tape
  • "[Trump is] noxious and reprehensible.” --J.D.Vance, tweet
  • “I go back and forth between thinking Trump is a cynical asshole like Nixon who wouldn’t be that bad (and might even prove useful) or that he’s America’s Hitler. How’s that for discouraging?” --J.D.Vance, ~2017

…and so forth, (s/The Artistocrats!/The republicans!/)

33 Likes

I don’t get it :woman_shrugging:t3:

7 Likes

… Vance wrote a book called “Hillbilly Elegy” :thinking:

14 Likes

■■■■■ took all those statements as compliments.

5 Likes

Huh. I didn’t realise that it was the same asshole.

13 Likes

… I thought he’d put it off until the last day

Now we can go back to ignoring the convention

11 Likes

This also means we get a Millennial on a Presidential ticket before we get a Gen Xer.

12 Likes