You can finally read the Trump campaign's dossier on J.D. Vance. Boy does J.D. Vance hate Trump

Originally published at: You can finally read the Trump campaign's dossier on J.D. Vance. Boy does J.D. Vance hate Trump. - Boing Boing

9 Likes

He hates everyone who isn’t him and/or doesn’t enrich him.

And even then, he only cares how they uplift him.

31 Likes

Well at least they are honest about that. They are partial as all hell.

Mostly for the reasons you outlined already: it’s the money to promote those shits.

20 Likes

What with him being a Republican and all that’s really a tautology. I thought it was practically a membership requirement!

13 Likes

the blunt fact that Trumpworld knew this guy was a dismal shapeshifting prick yet could do nothing to stop him ending up the pick.

In the end, Peter Thiel and all that fascist techbro money overcame any objections.

19 Likes

It’s probably just another case of Trump listening to the last person who talked to him or the last thing he saw on TV.

I’d like to imagine that some MAGA loyalist spent days putting together a comprehensive report explaining why Vance was a terrible pick but then Trump happened to see a clip of the guy saying something nice about Trump on Fox News a few minutes later and said “he looks like a winner, I’m going with him.”

12 Likes

:thinking:

13 Likes

Really? This is the best the country has to offer for high office?

4 Likes

No, that would be Kamala Harris. Turmp/Vance is the best the Republican party has to offer.

35 Likes

Judd Legum wrote a coherent reason why he’s not publishing the memo.

Popular Information will not publish or excerpt the Trump campaign materials provided by Robert. The materials are stolen, and publishing the documents would be a violation of privacy and could encourage future criminal acts.

I believe that, in some circumstances, the publication of leaked materials can be justified. The Pentagon Papers, for example, were obtained illegally by Daniel Ellsberg, but the public interest in revealing the truth about the Vietnam War outweighed those concerns.

If there had been a real scoop in the documents, then Judd would have published. I find that respectable. He relates his personal experience being part of Podesta’s leak in 2016.

Did we learn anything new from this leak? We already know that JD is a shape shifting ball of slime.

10 Likes
10 Likes

When Trump loses we can see which son pushed Vance by the way he is written out of the will.

3 Likes

And he probably hates himself too. Just look at that haircut.

3 Likes

But, let’s keep talking about how Kamala is a “chameleon” for committing the sin of some of her views having changed/evolved over time.

Nobody cared when stolen DNC e-mails were leaked, or the so-called Steele Dossier were leaked. Now everybody’s pearl clutching over publishing “stolen” documents?

13 Likes

real housewives tamra barney GIF

10 Likes

Vance is just following in a proud tradition of spineless Republicans that fall in line if offered a whiff of power. Nikki Haley, Chris Christie, Ted Cruz, that guy who’s governor in Florida, Brian Kemp, Mitch McConnell…

6 Likes

Maybe he’s hoping to be Pres using the 25th amendment. It’s not like Trump isn’t easily manipulated for cabinet picks.

3 Likes

Presumably DJT had had someone read this report to him, but he still picked Vance. I really could not imagine why, other than his known, ahem, state of health.

Therefore, I’m glad to see commenters here offering some likely reasons – Thiel money, last-person-who-spoke, son-recommended, in my presumed order of likelihood – just for my (diminishing) sense of order. Truly. Thank you.

5 Likes

May they be stuck in an elevator together on an unseasonably muggy day …

5 Likes

The rumor, presumption, assumption, was that he was the price of being supported by Thiel, Musk and so on

6 Likes