JD Vance is "dragging Trump down" with lowest popularity rating ever (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/24/jd-vance-is-dragging-trump-down-with-lowest-popularity-rating-ever-video.html

19 Likes

I don’t know that I’d call this the wrong way. Republicans going down in history as bad is the right way.

46 Likes

Frankly, I don’t really understand the pick,"

I do, Trump got upset when he gave Pence the role of leading covid recovery, and then Pence got attention for leading covid recovery, so Trump took it away from him. He was similarly mad at Fauci for showing leadership. So he went looking for an absence of charisma with an inability to upstage him who could also bring in money, and there was Vance, hiding under a rock.

34 Likes

Screen grabs from EvilBook

50 Likes

hahahahahahahahahahahahah,ah…HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

18 Likes

When Don Jr. helps you make your VP pick, you’ve barefoot stepped in a pile of :poop:.

24 Likes

First thought: Hahahahahaha

Second thought: You’re stuck. I mean, if you’re suing to have Biden put back on the ballot before the convention, which is the registered way of confirming candidate, you can’t remove him now that you’ve had your convention.

Third thought: His headshot looks a lot like if you typed “bearded white guy” into AI.

24 Likes

Fixed that for you

The Dems should have a suit to match every one the Repugs file if this happens.

16 Likes

Who’d have thought a sexist phony who buys into weird neoreactionary beliefs would be so off-putting to the majority of American voters?

Re-posting this Timothy Snyder article (h/t @mindysan33) on how this snivelling bootlicker could be an anchor around his boss’s candidacy and how he’ll be “rewarded” if they lose:

20 Likes

I thought that these opinions about this gentleman would end up uniting Mr. Trump’s support base into a solid block of voters. But no one seems to like him very much. Perhaps he sounds a little too moderate for the current sensibilities of American conservatives.

16 Likes

Wow. I was initially thinking that the post meant “sacrifice” as in metaphorically thrown under the bus, or booted from the ticket. But no, it was clearly meant literally:

23 Likes

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

28 Likes

Will Vance now complain about the nattering nabobs of negativity?

24 Likes

I saw someone on Mastodon calling him a “Shillbilly,” and now that’s my go-to for him.

45 Likes

Not every Republican VP can bring the fiery populist charisma of Mike Pence.

48 Likes

Or the sensible, level-headed and confidence-inspiring demeanor of a Sarah Palin.

37 Likes

… Dick Cheney, Paul Ryan, or Dan Quayle,
As insane as it is, Jack Kemp was probably the best republican VP candidate in the past 40 years

22 Likes

“Dragging T**** down”?

Every time I think they can’t get lower, they find more lower.
I’m no physics master, but it seems to me to be lowers all the way down…

…and then they’ll find another lower.

22 Likes

Often the tactic was to try and appeal to some part of the electorate that the main candidate couldn’t necessarily grab by picking a VP out of a different demographic, but picking Vance is just doubling down on MAGA dirtbag assholery. He doesn’t appeal to anyone outside the cult.

18 Likes

… but he represents pointy-headed intellectual MAGA dirtbag assholery :face_with_monocle:

20 Likes