Elephant allegedly trampled woman, then showed up at her funeral to attack the corpse

Yay Mr. Chen? :thinking:

1 Like

I generally side with the animal, but there are always exceptions!

3 Likes

Ob:

Not saying the murderer & corpse desecrator was in musth; it sounds more like vengence.

1 Like

Using general search terms, this story pops up with elephant story.

1 Like

The New York Post sourced it from ThePrint.in which supposedly sourced it from PTI (kind of like an Indian version of Reuters). Such a circuitous route definitely makes me question its veracity - especially since it really does read like a “lol backwards third world funny things”.

2 Likes

I don’t see that at all. Places that have elephants have weird elephant things happen, just like countries with bears occasionally have weird bear things happen, like the woman who pushed the grizzly bear off the wall in California.

Things that happen concerning elephants are bound to be bizarre too, like the herd that travelled 1000 miles in China and ran amuck in the towns they crossed. When you have elephant and something newsworthy happens, it’s always going to sound “backward” to someone from a place that doesn’t have elephants that occasionally run amuck.

The language in the article isn’t hokey or silly, and it names several specific places. The “urban legend” stories never give a name, it’s always “a villager” and the location is “a remote village”

Sure the story might be made up but in the end it seems like a lot of work and detail for something not too interesting. The elephant left and they finished the ceremony…hardly a blockbuster movie to be made from that.

And it does look like Baripada has a pretty consistent problem with rogue elephants

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.