Elon admits ads ran against Nazi content, threatens to sue watchdog site that wrote about it

This isn’t even remotely close to the reason why these people are flat out evil (my synonym for anti-Semite), but my immediate thought went back to the Jewish community I grew up with and discussions of how Orthodox Jews would/should not drive on the Sabbath. So along with being evil, let’s throw in a little capitalism. That’s always part of it.

6 Likes

Cars and rockets are each innocent enough things to be interested in, but I have had misgivings about where Musk picked up that exact combination. :neutral_face:

12 Likes

Pictured: actually sexy cowboy for reference.

3 Likes

Indeed! You might say he even sold his soul, but it may be doubtful as to whether he has one.

7 Likes

I don’t know about her compensation arrangement, but looking at her performance I really have to wonder if she did the smart thing and demanded the bulk of it in cash up-front. It’s clear that the only value she really brings to a company is the list of high-level advertising industry contacts she built up at NBC-Universal and previous employers, and she’s now burned all of them. Her next move after Xitter goes down the drain is not going to be upward or lateral but downward – especially because she won’t get glass-floor treatment accorded to serial screw-ups who are male.

13 Likes

True, but she could always run for President.

14 Likes

If he does sue us, we will win.

Unfortunately, even if Media Matters wins, they lose - lose time and energy, and even if they were to win expenses, it would come at a significant cost in upfront investment.

That’s the benefit of being one of the richest men in the world, you can just keep filing meritless lawsuits, and the cost and time will be completely irrelevant to you. Kind of like you can buy a company for $45 billion and run it into the ground, and still be one of the richest people in the world.

11 Likes
24 Likes

“Join with Elon Musk in championing free speech by shutting down anyone who says things that make Elon Musk sad.”

12 Likes

Media Matters President Responds to Elon Musk Lawsuit Threat

Elon Musk May Have Just Signed X’s Death Warrant | WIRED

Elon Musk is ‘destroying everything he built’: Tesla CEO blasted by veteran investors over latest X storm

8 Likes

Thats Good Robert Deniro GIF

9 Likes

Do they still do sea monkey advertising?

17 Likes

so if i’m reading those bullet points correctly:

1. it could be applied to any platform, but the problem is mainly on twitter
  2. they saw 13x the normal daily ads, so expect 1 out of every 13 users to have had their experience
  3. media matters only showed a small slice of the problem, it’s actually significantly worse
  4. we stand by nazis and their posts

did i get that right?

19 Likes

MUSK: tell everybody it was faked

LAWYER: it wasn’t faked

MUSK: you’re fired

NEW LAWYER: Media Matters ‘curated’ this experience for themselves

11 Likes

I kind of prefer Orville Peck, myself, if only for that voice…

6 Likes

Kind of weird that when Twitter has something to say, they post a jpeg rather than using good old ASCII.

6 Likes

Not really; the judicial system will declare you a vexatious litigant at some point and punish you accordingly.

9 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text (1)

7 Likes

Funny how it always works out to “Free speech for Nazis“ with these people.

18 Likes

Yes! That man can sing, and dance.

Back on topic:

Hopefully he’ll start facing consequences, and soon.

17 Likes