Elon admits ads ran against Nazi content, threatens to sue watchdog site that wrote about it

I hope Claire Boucher’s process servers are on to this for a chance at catching him out in the open.

11 Likes

… and maybe all his other random secret family members can start suing him for things :thinking:

14 Likes

Good luck with the lawsuit, Elon. It’s kind of hard to imagine that someone admitting that yeah, that thing they claimed is totally true, but… during the threat of a lawsuit over the claim won’t cause it to be dismissed immediately, but it also seems kind of unlikely that Elno actually intends to sue.

Turns out that “free speech absolutist” meant he’d support the right of Nazis to say whatever they want, but not of people to call them Nazis. Which is pretty much right-wing grievance politics about “cancel culture” in a nutshell, right now.

It suggests to me that he’s not serious about it. At most it’s a SLAPP suit (that ultimately won’t fly), or it’s an empty threat to make him seem aggrieved.

The problem is, it was sinking before she joined up. Which just reinforces the question of why she took the job in the first place. I can’t tell if she actually has some cunning plan,* or she’s just dumb enough to think things are somehow going to work out.

*But probably more

19 Likes
8 Likes

Reminds me of an old favorite,
b4316354d6f1dd2a6fa194644da44ceb

14 Likes

Come on, what is a judge going to do to Musk? Fine him a billion dollars? His own lawyers can’t even get him to restrict his Tweeting per his settlement with the FCC.

3 Likes

The morning has broken. Did He fill that atomic lawsuit paperwork?

9 Likes

Also that when you use your free speech to identify nazis, that’s not speech, that’s an “attack”.

7 Likes

Ed Harris wore it better.

Speaking of which… I thought Apartheid Clyde’s original Great Replacement theory was a Rokko’s Basilisk situation with AI coming to replace us? But now it’s Jews? Or brown people? Are the AI’s working with the Elders of Zion? Are the AI’s Jewish? Are there space lasers involved? I can’t brain spelunk deep enough to make sense of his current world view.

9 Likes

It was, but then all the money he pledged to the “effective altruists” at OpenAI was instead applied to massively overpaying for a social network in order to proclaim his glory to the world.

After that, the only basis for a philosophy he could afford was a tattered copy of the Protocols.

5 Likes

It’ll be all Mein Pillow ads.

7 Likes

It seems that Elon may have discovered “stochastic litigation”, which is like “stochastic terrorism” except that instead of having angry losers spontaneously commit murder on your behalf, you just need to make public legal threats and then Republican attorneys general fall over themselves to ‘investigate’ the case for you.

12 Likes

Simple! It does not make sense, even to him.

5 Likes

headline should be “Elon Brags”

4 Likes

You called it Ken Paxton to investigate Media Matters after Musk’s Twitter lawsuit | The Texas Tribune

Pop Tv Rita GIF by One Day At A Time

10 Likes

Withnail sick

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.