Elon Musk back on with Twitter while two of his funders back off

Originally published at: Elon Musk back on with Twitter while two of his funders back off | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I’m not going to miss an opportunity to point and laugh; but my paranoia gland is reminding me that the Saudis have a huge sovereign wealth fund with experience in bad tech investments; and an interest, of a kind, in speech on the internet. So does Tencent. Synergies suggest themselves; but not good ones.

15 Likes

Heh. Good one.

16 Likes

Gosh, I wonder if he intends to use the platform for good or for evil.…

(Context: even Lindsey Graham is telling him to STFU on Ukraine now)

14 Likes

Sixth Street Partners

That sounds like a bunch of guys who would get stomped out of business by the 3rd Street Saints.

11 Likes

Maybe he can see just how badly Trump wants back on Twitter. When or if “Truth Social” fails (likely ‘When’) Trump’s going to need another repository for his verbal diarrhea.

I first heard the phrase “verbal diarrhea” in the Paul and Storm song Oh, No and it’s a perfect description of much of Trump’s speech IMO.

6 Likes

Gosh, not another bad day for the Mush Bros.

4 Likes

“You shit post, we give you some extra spending money, da?”

2 Likes

He’s planning on the synergizing backwards overflow between the twitter’s and his cybertruck.

10 Likes

He could always ask a friend for some cash.

60 Rubles to a dollar.

1 Like

Wonder why he chose to show a map from 2012 vs maybe one more recent. /s

What a freaking idiot.

5 Likes

Not to mention that there’s a big fucking difference between “voting for a party aligned with Russia” and “voting to allow Russia to invade your country and annex your territory.”

Over 45 percent of American voters supported the pro-Russia party in both 2016 and 2020 yet I would still like to believe that many of them would still be somewhat irked if Putin invaded the United States.

15 Likes

His backers have begun to realize that the one thing that is most likely to derail Elon Musk’s plans is the direct involvement of Elon Musk. The only thing he has more of than money is ego.

5 Likes

That is not inaccurate. https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1577428272056389633?s=46&t=UvZnMKVh2g8g68gIpqFc6Q

3 Likes

x.com

2 Likes

What the fuck is an everything app? Is he recreating a completely walled garden?

The world- a company store!

10 Likes

Who knows. Whatever it is, I want no part of it.

9 Likes

10 Likes

Another f_c_book

2 Likes

As long as he walls himself and his fans inside, “The Cask of Amontillado”-style

8 Likes