Elon Musk breaks official Guinness World Record for being a loser

Originally published at: Elon Musk breaks official Guinness World Record for being a loser | Boing Boing

7 Likes

If anything his losses are due to the market trending toward sanity and valuing Musk’s companies accordingly.

27 Likes

laugh laughing at you GIF by Pose FX

17 Likes

The thing I “love” about living in the current age is all the depressing records being broken. Now we have someone losing orders of magnitude more money than a person would have in any sane society to begin with… (while the loss also brings into question how this idiot ever ended up in this position to begin with).

17 Likes

Hmm

If I created 100 million Bobcoins, and paid someone to buy one for $10,000, then I would be in a position to “lose” a trillion dollars. The exact figure would be almost impossible to ascertain.

6 Likes

As Elon Musk continues to build his own tech conglomerate, we won’t be surprised to see him bounce back too at some point in the future.

Fan Boy editorial?

6 Likes

I’ll take a few Bobcoins, do you accept NFTs of blandly designed monkeys?

11 Likes

Really hoping someone gets a photo of Musk standing in line at a 7-11 buying Mega Millions tickets.

4 Likes

I’d prefer to see his picture at 7-11 on a milk carton.

10 Likes

Does he get a plaque?

3 Likes

PR copywriting by committee

The net worth of billionaires is much more volatile and variable than the net worth of someone who earns an average income.

This is doubly true of ‘self-made’ billionaires such as Musk or former record holder Masayoshi Son because their net worth is usually derived almost entirely from the market valuation of the company they founded (although Musk wasn’t actually an original founder of Tesla; he was an early investor).

4 Likes

He’s disrupting his retirement.

14 Likes

Expecting a Muskrat hoard to come in, any minute now, to tell us
“See, even when he loses, he’s a winner!!”

8 Likes

9 Likes

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

5 Likes

You’re thinking of packrats.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.