Elon Musk defends converting offices into drab bedrooms for "tired employees"

Given Musk’s family history, I think he will go straight into chaining workers to their desks and trading them like chattel property.

3 Likes

∗ … mass mailing chain letters full of disinformation and also

7 Likes

Can I sleep in my Tesla?

8 Likes

Only while driving.

11 Likes

1984 GIF

8 Likes

Musk’s Hotel California erected at Twitter HQ, as some offices converted into bedrooms

13 Likes

This also reminds me - I assume that he did not reinstate the perks he took away…like feeding the people that he is now insisting live in his hive

16 Likes

People have already mentioned the janitor thing, so I would like to remind that he had also cut meals for the staff. If you want to make it possible for people to stay longer hours, lunch is a much better choice…except he’s too cheap for that.

15 Likes

If only there were a place you could work from that already had a bed in it…
(Apologies to the person somewhere on the internet that I cribbed this from.)

21 Likes

Rule number one of starting a cult is to separate your followers from their normal lives and their loved ones

23 Likes

Sleep deprivation, low protein diet, mind-numbing repetition, cut ties with the outside world…

11 Likes

Instead of further rounds of layoffs he’s just going to wait until the most ambitious, aggressive workers eat the weakest.

15 Likes

There’s no way Musk is the biggest one there. I guess maybe that’s why he has his sci fi gun.

7 Likes

… I dunno, that bit always sounds like anti-vegan propaganda to me :thinking:

4 Likes

7 Likes

At the rate he’s going, it will be soon.

8 Likes

COMING SOON: employee badges with descending numbers

8 Likes

But it’s impossible to …checks notes…write software from there! /s

10 Likes
6 Likes

I think e-ink makes the most sense. It will make it easier to suddenly and capriciously change not only employee numbers and titles (guess whose is going to say “Founder”!), but the badges can also include the number of lines of code written per day, which as we all know is the only possible metric of value

7 Likes