Management by Musk: there will be no toilet paper until the stack has velocity

Originally published at: Management by Musk: there will be no toilet paper until the stack has velocity | Boing Boing

11 Likes

I love that there are always multiple souces for stories about how he’s trying to stop leaks.

66 Likes

Behold the genius tycoon!

Who would have thought that ending janitorial services and imposing permanent crunch time amongst a bunch of hygiene-challenged tech bros would lead to such an outcome? [answer: not his fanbois]

42 Likes

I think an interesting question is, after he accelerates the company into bankruptcy at high “velocity“ by forcing the remaining developers to try to rewrite the entire 15 years of software “stack” in the few months of cash flow he has remaining, who will he blame for the failure? I’m pretty sure he won’t say he made any mistakes.

30 Likes

I’m mostly amazed that there are still people working for this stable genius

37 Likes

To be promptly fired if they say it’s a bad idea I assume.

21 Likes

I’d imagine it’s mostly a mix of desperate H1Bs who want to make it through the winter, brogrammer fanbois who worship Musk, and employees who know deep down they aren’t good enough to get hired at the same salary elsewhere; perhaps some are two or three of those things at the same time.

ETA: speaking of fanbois, kapo Ben seems to be one of them.

46 Likes

Season 3 Nbc GIF by Law & Order

14 Likes

He’ll say he put in as valiant an effort as any human being possibly could but Twitter was hopelessly doomed to failure before he got there.

29 Likes

Non-Chief Twit: Not a square to spare.

snuff out the sources of leaks to the press and anonymous posts on social media sites, … focused on eliminating people inside the company he believes are opposed to him

Mmm, Trumpy

15 Likes

The NYTimes review of Glass Onion didn’t make the connection, but did make reference to a “lone musketeer”.

12 Likes

Smells like … hardcore spirit

{rancid pizza, BO and desperation}

7 Likes

“…some workers have resorted to bringing their own rolls of toilet paper from home”
Just wait until the true world order hits; and it costs a Euro to use the Twitterloo.

8 Likes

eight dollars

15 Likes

21 Likes

Every day the Idea of taking a Mr. Musk’s rocket trip to Mars gets more and more uninteresting.

26 Likes

All of these stories remind me of the stories of Civil War hospitals: A big tent with blood-soaked floors and a huge pile of amputated limbs stacked just outside.

12 Likes

Also a couple who are sticking around because they want to write a book/movie/videogame based on the horror comedy drama.

25 Likes

In defense of (some of) those that remain- I know people who are stuck there. Not everyone has the mobility or circumstance that allows them to just walk off a job. Simply putting “Twitter” on your CV doesn’t guarantee you a golden pass to the next opportunity that will provide for you, your family, and life situation. EOY is a bad time to find a new job to start with, and every day brings news from FAANG (and adjacent) about layoffs, hiring freezes, etc.

In short, please don’t paint with such a broad brush.

20 Likes

This is actual genius 4d chess: Musk is stuck with shit and badly needs liquidity; and you know what does that? A Cholera outbreak.

It’s humbling to be in the presence of someone engaged in multidisciplinary thinking on a whole other level.

19 Likes