Elon Musk denies Devin Nunes' claim that Donald Trump encouraged him to buy Twitter

Originally published at: Elon Musk denies Devin Nunes' claim that Donald Trump encouraged him to buy Twitter | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Moo’nes, Mush, and tRump in one headline is enough to start happy hour early. Friday after all.

15 Likes

To the denizens of Trumpworld, the sun wouldn’t come up every morning if Trump didn’t order it.

7 Likes

I’m sure Trump said something that idiotic and Nunes can’t NOT decide to run with it.

5 Likes

I’m not even remotely a fan of the Elongated Muskrat, but the thought of someone like Donald “convincing” him to do anything is silly. The rich elites like Elon and Bezos and such know that Trump is an emperor without any clothes, that he already blew through all the money his daddy gave him. They’re not apt to listen to a loser like him when it comes to how they spend their money.

4 Likes

It must drive Trump insane to know that Elon Musk is worth at least 200x as much as he is.

8 Likes

“Trump quietly ‘encouraged’ Elon Musk to buy Twitter”

We immediately know it’s a lie because Trump doesn’t do anything quietly.

14 Likes

It’s only quiet because trump couldn’t use Twitter to goad him into buying Twitter.

3 Likes

Why in the hell would Nunes – appointed by Trump as Truth Social CEO – even say this?
Some possibilities:
a) He’s actively trying to sink Truth Social’s stock value as fast as possible, for tax write-offs, money laundering, or his own secret short-sell;
b) He’s really been secretly sabotaging Trump all along; or
c) He’s one of the stupidest people on Earth.

7 Likes

¿Por qué no los tres?

7 Likes

Putting four things I absolutely loathe into one headline. Well played!

3 Likes

Maybe! But he doesn’t seem clever enough to pull off option (b).

1 Like

The bloom might be off the MAGA rose.

However, this is Elon. It’s easier to promise this stuff to attract employees than actually deliver.

3 Likes

If only they’d managed to squeeze NFTs in there somehow …

3 Likes

Or encouraging

2 Likes

The battle of the stable geniuses. Electric (Musk) cattle (Nunes) prod (Trump).

2 Likes

Not counting stochastic terrorism and overthrowing election results and so on, but I take your point.

2 Likes

His dayjob is kissing up to Trump, and heading a bargain basement conservative branded version of twitter. Twit Social’s excuse for existing is that Trump and other idiots have been kicked off twitter. Now Musk is threatening to buy Twitter, and let Trump and his ilk back on, making Twit Social extra irrelevant. Nunes’s choice is to either be the boss of nothing, or to pretend that he and Musk are “colleagues”, not competitors. If Nunes pretends they’re both working towards the same ends, and more like different divisions of the same movement, he’s less likely to seem a big loser. My guess is that he’s hoping Musk or someone else buys the company and he can continue to fail upward. It’s also possible that Nunes complained about Musk buying twitter and scrapping the reason for Twit Social to exist, and Trump lied to him that Musk was doing his bidding. Nunes may have been stupid enough to believe it.

3 Likes

Snl Queen GIF by Saturday Night Live

Why so serious, Elon? Couldn’t think of a 420 reference for this one?

1 Like